Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery

Good Day, I had surgery most recently by Dr Gupta in St. Louis after my initial rods broke from Dr Lenke. Dr Gupta insisted that he replace ALL of my hardware and I’ve never been the same since. I’m in horrible pain. I get muscle spasms so bad it will knock you on your knees. I’ve missed work so much I can’t tell you. I’ve contacted Dr Gupta and all I get is “nothing I did” from him. I’ve contacted Mayos, they won’t see me, although they said they could see I have a problem. Really?! I went to Minneapolis, nothing to offer me I was told. I went to see Dr Lenke and he said he could see why I was in so much pain and he’d be glad to take care of me. Then, I fly home, his nurse calls and says I need to go back to Dr Gupta and pain mgt. I’m NOT going back to Dr Gupta. I am soooo frustrated! I do not know where to turn next. This pain increases my BP so much, I’m really scared! No one should have to live this way! Thank you for allowing me to post here. I tried to attach 2 xrays. First one is from initial surgery ten years ago with Dr Lenke. Second X-ray is most recent X-ray after my 2nd surgery with Dr Gupta.
    Attached Files
    Rita Thompson
    Age 46
    Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
    Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
    Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
    Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

Dr Gupta

Hi Rita, I am soo sorry to hear about your problems trying to get help & living with so much pain. I can definitely relate as my pain level is constant 8/10. I have my return appt w/ Dr G 1/15 to get his “blessings” for my intial surgery. At age 63 I am petrified facing this horrible surgery (anterior/posterior). If you’re up to it do you mind sharing more about dr g? regarding how he communicates, educated you re: surgery, etc? I’v been reading/ studying for this return appt in order to have an educated conversation w/ him & fellowship dr. I know dr g’s med asst Naomi but don’t know his RN Becky. Do you mind sharing when you’re surgery was? Found dr g 3 yrs ago & decided to go w/ him as he is suppose to be 1 of best Scoliosis doc’s in USA & closest to me (about 6 hr drive). Based on dr g’s report & my most current MRI of spine, thinking I’ll be fused from mid- thoracic to pelvic (anterior/posterior). If you’re up to it do you mind sharing your experience w/ dr g (preparing, educating you for your surgery? Think Ed & Susan’s advise on trying to get help w/ pain & another dr is on target. I explored obtaining appt w/ Dr Joshi (appt is $350 + cost for Ketamine- I couldn’t afford trip & doc) but he appears to be 1 of few drs who really cares + he’ close to you. Really hope things get better for you. Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by Scared View Post
      Hi Rita, I am soo sorry to hear about your problems trying to get help & living with so much pain. I can definitely relate as my pain level is constant 8/10. I have my return appt w/ Dr G 1/15 to get his “blessings” for my intial surgery. At age 63 I am petrified facing this horrible surgery (anterior/posterior). If you’re up to it do you mind sharing more about dr g? regarding how he communicates, educated you re: surgery, etc? I’v been reading/ studying for this return appt in order to have an educated conversation w/ him & fellowship dr. I know dr g’s med asst Naomi but don’t know his RN Becky. Do you mind sharing when you’re surgery was? Found dr g 3 yrs ago & decided to go w/ him as he is suppose to be 1 of best Scoliosis doc’s in USA & closest to me (about 6 hr drive). Based on dr g’s report & my most current MRI of spine, thinking I’ll be fused from mid- thoracic to pelvic (anterior/posterior). If you’re up to it do you mind sharing your experience w/ dr g (preparing, educating you for your surgery? Think Ed & Susan’s advise on trying to get help w/ pain & another dr is on target. I explored obtaining appt w/ Dr Joshi (appt is $350 + cost for Ketamine- I couldn’t afford trip & doc) but he appears to be 1 of few drs who really cares + he’ close to you. Really hope things get better for you. Nancy
      Hello there. Please send me a Pm and I will discuss with you.
      Rita Thompson
      Age 46
      Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
      Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
      Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
      Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

Comment

Working...
      X