From Rita T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Rita T

I have appt with my surgeon next week. Remember I had 2 rods replaced that were broken two years ago. After an extreme lengthy surgery, I thought everything goin ok then started having excruciating pain. I’m even experiencing some breathing problems. All this while trying to work full time. I fear my rods are broken again. Is it normal to have breathing problems with this? I’m quite worried!
    Rita Thompson
    Age 46
    Milwaukee Brace wearer for 3 years in childhood
    Surgery Mar 1st - 95 degree thoracic curve
    Surgery by Dr. Lenke, St. Louis, MO
    Post-surgery curve 25-30 degree

I should add...I went to ER a week ago for breathing problems. All I got from them was I didn’t have a blood clot and I did have elevated BP,which is why I was having breathing problems. Otherwise,they didn’t know what todo with me. Oh...and it cost me $1000.00 too.
    Rita Thompson
    Age 46

Comment

Scoliosis fullfusion

Saw Dr Lenke week in NY. He’s just as wonderful as I remember. He said he’s pretty sure, from my description, sounded like something is loose down low back. The pain! He’s ordered a bone scan and ct scan and we send the disk to him and he will call us to let us know results. I’m in sooo much pain. Since being home, I’ve been in so much pain sometimes I see black spots and we all know what comes after black spots! I’m still attempting to work all day too. But this pain is quickly getting worse! I’m afraid it’s gonna get so I can’t stand it...then what?! My reg dr is in process of scheduling the scans.
      Rita Thompson
      Age 46

Comment

I have to say its maximum pain week here at NSF....

Rita, whenever I was experiencing heavy pain, I would lay low and stay still. Try to get in a comfortable position somehow.

Short of getting injected in the hospital, hot water soaks helped substantially for the heavy pain.

I don't know how you are working....

When rods break, things can get really loose if you are not fusing. Dr Hey has a surgical video showing this. Movement has to be triggering the severe pain.

Warning graphic surgical video This shows what a pseudarthrosis looks like
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiQtaqzjPUY

Try to take it easy right now....Deep breaths!

It sounds like you are going to need surgery right away....

Ed
        Last edited by titaniumed; 04-11-2019, 10:03 PM.
        49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
        Pre surgery curves T70,L70
        ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
        Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

You know, we spent most of the day in new york the day I saw DrLenke. I did xrays, pulmonary function test. But,inasmuch pain as I have, I didn’t care how long it took. This amount of pain is just plain exhausting too! Found out today my ct scan and bone scan are scheduled for Apr 24th. That’s a long time from today! Hopefully it shows something. I’ve never been in this amount of pain in my life! DrLenkethinks something has come loose in my low back hardware. Brother! I just wish someone would do something! It wakes me up at night.
          Rita Thompson
          Age 46

Comment

Working...
          X