Dr Hey You Tube Testimonials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by titaniumed View Post
    Yes, scoliosis is expensive....I spent a fortune. Over 100K on massages....from 2002 to 2008. I sure do miss my massages....For me now it just doesn't feel good anymore, especially over the surgical area.

They gave me exercises back in 1975, but I was skiing and jumping almost every day. Needless to say, the exercises didn't work on my curves. I had twin 50's back then. Both structural. By the time I was 49, my S curve was really stiff. I don't remember having pain as a teen, but I did have inversion boots in 1982 at age 24 so I guess I was having some pain during that period. My body was steel since I was extremely physical....my core was at its best, but still had the pre-fused aches and pains.

I started Chiro when I was 28, in 1986. I do remember that pain as it was becoming a problem. After 22 years of Chiro, and all the other stuff, it just wasn't working as well, or better to say that it didn't last as long....The herniation's were the start of a new era, (2002) a new different "increased" pain period which is extremely difficult to deal with. It became constant. I gave up in October 2007 and set my date for my surgeries. I just couldn't take it anymore.

Scoliosis is more about soft tissues than bone....Dr Cotrel, Dr Anand, have stated this. We need more advancement in this area. I am really feeling it now....and things are getting harder for me lately fatigue wise.

One thing I have noticed is that I can build up muscle quickly. (Always have) The other day, I carried a 20# propane tank and a flame thrower to kill weeds in the rocky sections of my property for an hour and my arms were pumped up huge like Popeye. After I came in the house, they ached beyond belief for hours. This is not normal....If I did any weight training, I would build up muscle super quick, but it would be painful. Its the same thing with my back. I don't have normal muscles. Years ago, all the guys in this plant I worked at arm wrestled and I beat everyone in the plant. I beat all the larger men there, they couldn't believe it. That really trashed my back in the thoracic and had to get my back adjusted at the Chiropractor...

The muscular "irregularities" in my spine are pronounced. It seems like half of them work (in overtime) and the other half are dead. The ones that work are pumped up, and the others I cannot build up at all. I am glad that the fusion mass is holding it in position. (smug face)

Anyone feel the same way about their muscles?

Ed

I have not had surgery. I am at the point where the pain and muscle fatigue are really bad. I can barely use my arms for anything now. They do not support me in any yoga pose and something like using a garden trowel is impossible.

Comment

Yes, scoliosis is expensive....I spent a fortune. Over 100K on massages....from 2002 to 2008. I sure do miss my massages....For me now it just doesn't feel good anymore, especially over the surgical area.

They gave me exercises back in 1975, but I was skiing and jumping almost every day. Needless to say, the exercises didn't work on my curves. I had twin 50's back then. Both structural. By the time I was 49, my S curve was really stiff. I don't remember having pain as a teen, but I did have inversion boots in 1982 at age 24 so I guess I was having some pain during that period. My body was steel since I was extremely physical....my core was at its best, but still had the pre-fused aches and pains.

I started Chiro when I was 28, in 1986. I do remember that pain as it was becoming a problem. After 22 years of Chiro, and all the other stuff, it just wasn't working as well, or better to say that it didn't last as long....The herniation's were the start of a new era, (2002) a new different "increased" pain period which is extremely difficult to deal with. It became constant. I gave up in October 2007 and set my date for my surgeries. I just couldn't take it anymore.

Scoliosis is more about soft tissues than bone....Dr Cotrel, Dr Anand, have stated this. We need more advancement in this area. I am really feeling it now....and things are getting harder for me lately fatigue wise.

One thing I have noticed is that I can build up muscle quickly. (Always have) The other day, I carried a 20# propane tank and a flame thrower to kill weeds in the rocky sections of my property for an hour and my arms were pumped up huge like Popeye. After I came in the house, they ached beyond belief for hours. This is not normal....If I did any weight training, I would build up muscle super quick, but it would be painful. Its the same thing with my back. I don't have normal muscles. Years ago, all the guys in this plant I worked at arm wrestled and I beat everyone in the plant. I beat all the larger men there, they couldn't believe it. That really trashed my back in the thoracic and had to get my back adjusted at the Chiropractor...

The muscular "irregularities" in my spine are pronounced. It seems like half of them work (in overtime) and the other half are dead. The ones that work are pumped up, and the others I cannot build up at all. I am glad that the fusion mass is holding it in position. (smug face)

Anyone feel the same way about their muscles?

Ed
      I've been seeing my chiro for the past decade. I tell him my muscle memory affects my alignment but he disagrees.

This scoliosis suit will soon be available for online ordering. It supposedly creates new muscle memory (retrain the brain). Do you believe Schroth and "better than Schroth" exercises create new muscle memory? I agree with you about scoliosis being more about soft tissues; sometimes I can't even get my arm over my head without stretching first.

https://www.adultscoliosisrelief.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tilted View Post
        I've been seeing my chiro for the past decade. I tell him my muscle memory affects my alignment but he disagrees.

This scoliosis suit will soon be available for online ordering. It supposedly creates new muscle memory (retrain the brain). Do you believe Schroth and "better than Schroth" exercises create new muscle memory? I agree with you about scoliosis being more about soft tissues; sometimes I can't even get my arm over my head without stretching first.

https://www.adultscoliosisrelief.com/common-questions/

How much does the ScoliSMART Activity Suit cost?
        The total cost of the ScoliSMART Activity Suit is $1,500. This includes the consultation/x-ray to determine if the ScoliSMART Activity Suit is a good treatment option for you, customized suit fitting, and personalized instruction for usage.
        If it costs $1,500 then their profit margin is about $1,450.
        Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
        Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

This scoliosis suit will soon be available for online ordering. It supposedly creates new muscle memory (retrain the brain). Do you believe Schroth and "better than Schroth" exercises create new muscle memory?
          Yes and no. In my case, for my spine, no. Muscle memory for my legs each season for skiing, yes.

Normal muscles yes
          Abnormal muscles no. (There is a reason why they are in a paralytic state....)

I never had any luck building the weak muscles in my back....I am of course skeptical, and I don't think anyone really knows the complete story. I think we have a long, long, long way to go.....Scoliosis is extremely complicated.

I think that if something makes you feel better, then do it. I don't consider $1500 a lot of money, but it is just a bunch of straps....My Copes brace was $4000 in 1992, so I did spend a whole lot more figuring inflation. In 1992, Apple was $1.78 so the $4000 would now be worth $421,033. (without the dividends). From a financial standpoint, it was a mistake. From a bracing correction standpoint,(As an adult) it was a mistake. For a candidate that needs full fusion, worth every penny because I knew what I was getting into mobility wise (Without the heat of course) If I were a scoliosis surgeon, I would probably have select full fusion patients wear a full wrap plastic brace before making a surgical decision. Wear it everywhere, everyday.

Ed
          49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
          Pre surgery curves T70,L70
          ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
          Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
          http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
          http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Avoid this- it is promoted by chiropactors- spotting a gap in the market and exploiting it. Ask yourself why a bunch of chiros who train themselves and avoid independent medical research could possible have come to understand the effects of scoliosis when those who work within the systemand not for profit haven't. It is far too a complex area for them to have grasped. Yet they know that there are desperate people out there... ask them for their research evidence and when they say peer reviewed ask for details. You will find that it is only reviewed within their organisation. Challenge them and then watch them distance you. about 95% of this cost is paying for the term 'scoliosis'.

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
              Yes that is true but while the T curve is slowly straighteining with growth and slowly driving a straighter L curve, the lumbar curve is being damaged. My daughter's L curve was mostly straight 4 days post op. That is why her surgeon told her she is one and done.

And when growth is done, are most of these tether cases driving the same amount of straightness in the lumbar as a T fusion? That is the key question in my mind. With fusion, the surgeon has the ability to correct the T curve as much as possible immediately take the uneven load off the lumbar. Not all curves are able to be hyper-corrected like that... only one of my daughters had that type of curve. The other has to hope her lumbar is straightened enough to avoid lumbar fusion/tethering in the future. They both had T curves but different types of T curves, If the other one was hyper-corrected, she would have been left with a high left shoulder. So she wasn't hyper-corrected and she has a residual lumbar curve. But I am hopeful that if she ever needs lumbar surgery in the future, she can be tethered and not fused.

I have seen criticism of hyper-correction and I don't understand it in view of Boachie's comment.
              I understand that a combination of things are taken into account for a patient to be a candidate for VBT ( child). There is the Risser score and the age and flexibility. Shriners who are pioneering this won't take anyone over a Risser 3 and prefer Risser 1 or 2. Risser 0 and being under 10 years can lead to overcorrection which then may needsanother op. Most second curves start out as compensatory and then can become structural over time, hence the need for flexibility- it depends on how much it bends out. Thus I think that because vbt is done while still growing there is less pressure on the lumbar curve to start with. Fusion straightens the curve to start with and from then on there is no further movement. - VBT partially straightens at start but the spine is not fixed and thus is still a moveable element that can adapt to the further growth. And remember VBT is being done before the major growth spurt.

Comment

Originally posted by burdle View Post
                Avoid this- it is promoted by chiropactors- spotting a gap in the market and exploiting it. Ask yourself why a bunch of chiros who train themselves and avoid independent medical research could possible have come to understand the effects of scoliosis when those who work within the systemand not for profit haven't. It is far too a complex area for them to have grasped. Yet they know that there are desperate people out there... ask them for their research evidence and when they say peer reviewed ask for details. You will find that it is only reviewed within their organisation. Challenge them and then watch them distance you. about 95% of this cost is paying for the term 'scoliosis'.
                Here's some research evidence published in the journal of scoliosis rehab; the developer of the suit responds to challenges in the comments section of the first link. Who would want to be a member of the control group in a scoliosis study? This might help you but we'll let your scoliosis progress instead.

https://scoliosisfamilyadventures.wo...activity-suit/

https://www.treatingscoliosis.com/im...-1291_suit.pdf

Comment

Yes and no. In my case, for my spine, no. Muscle memory for my legs each season for skiing, yes.

Normal muscles yes
                  Abnormal muscles no. (There is a reason why they are in a paralytic state....)

I never had any luck building the weak muscles in my back....I am of course skeptical, and I don't think anyone really knows the complete story. I think we have a long, long, long way to go.....Scoliosis is extremely complicated.

I think that if something makes you feel better, then do it. I don't consider $1500 a lot of money, but it is just a bunch of straps....My Copes brace was $4000 in 1992, so I did spend a whole lot more figuring inflation. In 1992, Apple was $1.78 so the $4000 would now be worth $421,033. (without the dividends). From a financial standpoint, it was a mistake. From a bracing correction standpoint,(As an adult) it was a mistake. For a candidate that needs full fusion, worth every penny because I knew what I was getting into mobility wise (Without the heat of course) If I were a scoliosis surgeon, I would probably have select full fusion patients wear a full wrap plastic brace before making a surgical decision. Wear it everywhere, everyday.

Ed
                  Here's a study of the scoliosis suit on fusion patients.

http://journals.ke-i.org/index.php/m...icle/view/1556

Comment

Texas Back Institute You Tube Site

The links are testimonials from Chiropractors. Not peer reviewed studies from Medical doctors.

Interesting that there are no testimonials on the Hey You Tube page.

I also found another site from the Texas Back Institute that has good videos.

Conservative care with Dr Boah. Neurosurgeon. Talks about Core, Chiro and NSAID'S for pain.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HvbByVgzJQ

NSAID
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonste...lammatory_drug

Texas Back institute Excellent videos on many scoliosis subjects (Stem Cell videos)
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/TexasBackInstitute/videos

Ed
                    Last edited by titaniumed; 05-10-2018, 11:05 PM.
                    49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
                    Pre surgery curves T70,L70
                    ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
                    Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
                    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
                    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

The only thing to note in what Tilted posted is that I see Morningstar claims to have a PhD now. I looked around and he claims it is from "Concordia University". There are several of these. I am guessing this is an online degree that is not equivalent to a real PhD.

If you look at his linkedin page, there is no logo next to Concordia University like there is for the other schools. This is almost certainly not an accredited university.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mark-mor...ar-dc-a4085415

Creationists go around touting that they have PhDs but they are fake degrees from unaccredited universities.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Chiropractic is not a science...

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/sci...-chiropractic/

1. Chiropractic is a science. NO
                        2. Chiropractic is based on neurology, anatomy and physiology. NO
                        3. Chiropractors are doctors of the nervous system. NO
                        4. Chiropractic improves health and quality of life. NO

The GPA required to get into chiro school is the lowest among all the allied health fields and is way lowered than medical school.

Chiro schools have been likened to trade schools.

In Europe, chiros are NOT allowed to use the "Doctor" title. It is outrageous they are able to do so in the US when their training is not anywhere near as rigorous as a real medical doctor.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Here's some research evidence published in the journal of scoliosis rehab; the developer of the suit responds to challenges in the comments section of the first link. Who would want to be a member of the control group in a scoliosis study? This might help you but we'll let your scoliosis progress instead.

https://scoliosisfamilyadventures.wo...activity-suit/

https://www.treatingscoliosis.com/im...-1291_suit.pdf
                          Proper research more and more has a section where reviewers and researchers have to declare that they have no 'interest'- in other words that they are not biased in terms of profit etc. Note the absence of this in the 'research'

Comment

Morningstar declared he is seeking or has a patent on the suit. So this "research" needs to be taken with a HUGE grain of salt. It also needs careful scrutiny because none of the authors have research training or even much science training.
                            Last edited by Pooka1; 05-11-2018, 09:28 AM.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
                              Morningstar declared he is seeking or has a patent on the suit. So this "research" needs to be taken with a HUGE grain of salt. It also needs careful scrutiny because none of the authors have research training or even much science training.
                              The scoliosis suit can now be ordered online.

https://scolismartforadults.com/shop/get-approved#

Woman in sauna discusses her first time with the suit. According to her, it has changed her life after three months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaQLGL5c0kg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlDcifbAUos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g4rLtQzQuY

Comment

Does she plan on wearing it for the rest of her life?

It takes over for muscle and so the muscle weakens from disuse and she will be worse when she stops wearing the suit. This is true of all scoliosis-related bracing.

Also you should consider if she is a paid shill.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
                                X