X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpineCor and Insurance

Hi,

I am thinking of getting the SpineCor brace for adults with scoliosis. I wanted to check if anyone has had luck getting this covered from there insurance. I would like to know how they approached it with the insurance company and how much coverage they could get.

My scoliosis was discovered 10 years back with 25degree thoracic and 30degree lumbar. I cannot walk or stand for more than an hour and I am just 40 years old so want to try anything non-surgical to feel better.

Thanks

Hi and welcome.

I can only recall one adult who had a Spinecor brace on the group but there may have been others. I don't recall if she got insurance to cover it.

There are anecdotal reports that the brace helps with pain in adults.

So just to be clear, you had a 25* T curve and a 30* L at 30 years old. The paradigm is you are not expected to need surgery for progression in your lifetime with those measurements at that age.

Did you curves increase or are they just getting more painful?
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Here are three threads that user started on Spinecor in adults.

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/searc...earchid=852969

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
        Hi and welcome.

I can only recall one adult who had a Spinecor brace on the group but there may have been others. I don't recall if she got insurance to cover it.

There are anecdotal reports that the brace helps with pain in adults.

So just to be clear, you had a 25* T curve and a 30* L at 30 years old. The paradigm is you are not expected to need surgery for progression in your lifetime with those measurements at that age.

Did you curves increase or are they just getting more painful?
        Thanks for your reply. Neither the curves have increased nor has the pain. When I was first diagnosed with Scoliosis at age 30, I still couldn't walk or stand more than an hour. I never found any options other than yoga and have just lived with it. I recently found out about SpineCor and wanted to give it a try as otherwise I dread doing anything that involved walking or standing.

Comment

Originally posted by pwalia View Post
          Thanks for your reply. Neither the curves have increased nor has the pain. When I was first diagnosed with Scoliosis at age 30, I still couldn't walk or stand more than an hour. I never found any options other than yoga and have just lived with it. I recently found out about SpineCor and wanted to give it a try as otherwise I dread doing anything that involved walking or standing.
          Hi,

just wondering what's the update and status w spinecor? i'm looking into different optinos as well
          62/75 (T4-T9 68 degree & T11 - L4 80 degree) 10/19/2010
          45/50 year 2000
          36 yrs old
          Considering, researching surgery for the first time
          S. California
          http://s1210.photobucket.com/albums/...ashionista889/

Comment

I strongly recommend to everyone thinking in Spinecor, to try to find a Dr. not belonging to Clear. They uses to put the Spinecor (at least in adults) without any reduction in brace. They are sure that it has not any importance in adults, they definitely has not any idea about why Spinecor works and how important reduction in brace always is!.

Comment

Very few medical doctors offer Spinecor because there is no good evidence it works.

That's why mainly chiros offer it. They don't know or care about evidence.

Chiros are not allowed to use the "Dr." title in other counties. In this country where they can use the title, you can find chiro websites that use the title and don't admit the person is a chiro and not a real doctor. It's a problem. Chiro school has been characterized as a trade school and there is evidence they are teaching abject nonsense.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Very few medical doctors offer Spinecor because there is no good evidence it works.
                It depends in what we think that 'works' means. There is enough evidence about stopping progression in adults when it's used with reduction in brace and also an important reduction of pain. I know physicians and physiatrists around the world using it.
                Physicians should also not use the Dr. title, they needs to have a doctorate to use it. Chiropractic is an universitary career as I know. Are you saying that those universities are a fraud?
                Last edited by flerc; 07-08-2016, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fashionista View Post
                  Hi,

just wondering what's the update and status w spinecor? i'm looking into different optinos as well
                  You should to see the Spinecor Face Group of Leslie Tyler, there are tons of stories of people using it. Unfortunately there are also Clear Chiropractors, but you may ignore what they says.

Comment

Originally posted by flerc View Post
                    There is enough evidence about stopping progression in adults when it's used with reduction in brace and also an important reduction of pain. ?
                    You mean there is anecdotal evidence for stopping progression that is imagined by lay people. Is there scientific evidence from well-designed studies? I doubt it. How did they rule out the curve stopping on its own?

There is evidence of reduced pain, at least while the brace is worn. Lay people can report reduced pain. They can't report decreased progression due to the brace because even if the progression stopped, it can't be necessarily attributed to brace wear.

I don't believe Spinecor claims to stop progression in adults. They only claim to reduce pain.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

'There is enough evidence about stopping progression in adults when it's used with reduction in brace and also an important reduction of pain.'
                      Is not what I wanted to say, I said 'when' and I wanted to say 'while'.
                      It seems that when reduction in brace is achieved (is not something immediate, it is placed being standing up), the reduction is holded while the brace is used. It's not something obvious as it could be with a rigid brace, which is the only one doing the force necessary to not allowing the gravity force to bend the spine again, with the Spinecor the body is doing also the necessary force. They reported some few cases holding some reduction after removing the brace, I don't remember how many time after it was removed. I think they are few, because they rarely get reduction in brace in adults, they don't do anything to achieve it, they don't give any importance to flexibility. The original Spinecor protocol included Gpr sessions in order to gain enough flexibility.
                      They claim that permanent reduction of the curve is not the goal in adults, but I doubt they would be saying the same about stopping progression.
                      Last edited by flerc; 07-09-2016, 12:06 AM.

Comment

'There is enough evidence about stopping progression in adults when it's used with reduction in brace and also an important reduction of pain.'
                        Is not what I wanted to say, I said 'when' and I wanted to say 'while'.
                        It seems that when reduction in brace is achieved (is not something immediate, it is placed being standing up), the reduction is holded while the brace is used. It's not something obvious as it could be with a rigid brace, which is the only one doing the force necessary to not allowing the gravity force to bend the spine again, with the Spinecor the body is doing also the necessary force. They reported some few cases holding some reduction after removing the brace, I don't remember how many time after it was removed. I think they are few, because they rarely get reduction in brace in adults, they don't do anything to achieve it, they don't give any importance to flexibility. The original Spinecor protocol included Gpr sessions in order to gain enough flexibility.
                        They claim that permanent reduction of the curve is not the goal in adults, but I doubt they would be saying the same about stopping progression.
                        There is no evidence Spinecor stops progression in adults FULL STOP.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

If it would be a good reason, at least for adults they should not offer nothing, surgical or nonsurgical, nothing.

Comment

There is no evidence Spinecor stops progression in adults FULL STOP.
                            Full stop for you, not having this problem. If scoliosis in adults would be a problem for you, you'd try to know if there is some evidence, how it works, if it could be used in your case.. but is not your problem FULL STOP.

Comment

Full stop for you, not having this problem. If scoliosis in adults would be a problem for you, you'd try to know if there is some evidence, how it works, if it could be used in your case.. but is not your problem FULL STOP.
                              This is magical thinking. You expect a treatment to be effective if you have a condition. Treatments are either effective or not in reality separate and apart from who is discussing them.

You said there is evidence Spinecor stops progression in adults. Prove it. I think you are just thinking magically.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
                              X