Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any experience with Freda Nogee in Long Island?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any experience with Freda Nogee in Long Island?

I'm currently deciding between the traditional Scroth and the updated Schroth Best Practice for my daughter. Freda Nogee, PT, is apparently the only therapist in NY certified by Dr. Moramarco in Boston to offer the Scroth Best Practice technique. Has anyone heard of or dealt with Freda Nogee?

Thanks, Victoria

Hi and welcome.

Maybe someone will comment in answer to your question but I hope you know Moramarco is a chiropractor and not a doctor.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

There are other certified, experienced Schroth therapists on Long Island. One is Jeanann Maguffin at Scoliosis Care Physical Therapy. She is wonderful. Try contacting her. She also knows other Schroth therapists in the area. Good luck!
      T4-Sacrum fusion, with pelvic fixation in January 2015, Dr. Lonner in NYC
      10 osteotomies, rotation from 25 to 2
      Diagnosed at age 11 with double curve, 36 and 45 degrees, Braced for 2.5 years
      At time of surgery, curves were 45 and 65 degrees
      Chronic back pain, worsening, since age 11
      Tried every pain management procedure, acupuncture, chiropractor, physical therapy ever created
      Mom of 2 cuties!

Comment

Originally posted by Victoria007 View Post
        I'm currently deciding between the traditional Scroth and the updated Schroth Best Practice for my daughter. Freda Nogee, PT, is apparently the only therapist in NY certified by Dr. Moramarco in Boston to offer the Scroth Best Practice technique. Has anyone heard of or dealt with Freda Nogee?

Thanks, Victoria

Thank you for replying and for the welcome. No, I wasn't aware. Thanks for giving me that information.
        Victoria007

Comment

Originally posted by ksmom0611 View Post
          There are other certified, experienced Schroth therapists on Long Island. One is Jeanann Maguffin at Scoliosis Care Physical Therapy. She is wonderful. Try contacting her. She also knows other Schroth therapists in the area. Good luck!
          Yes, I have heard great things about Jeanann Maguffin. I just wrote her an email after I read your reply. I hope that she can answer a few of my questions and help me decide. Thanks!
          Victoria007

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
            Hi and welcome.

Maybe someone will comment in answer to your question but I hope you know Moramarco is a chiropractor and not a doctor.
            I wish that something could be done about the way that chiros call themselves 'doctors'. It is just to mislead patients.

In UK if you study for a PHD in any subject you are awarded a 'Doctorate' - this is a title you can use to be addressed but convention is that it isn't used to avoid confusion with Doctors in the medical world.

It seems that in chiropractic you only have to 'pass the course' ( not a course at PHD level) to call yourself a 'Doctor of Chiropractic'. it's disgraceful that they go around calling themselves Doctors- it is done to inflate their ego and to attract attention.

Comment

Originally posted by burdle View Post
              I wish that something could be done about the way that chiros call themselves 'doctors'. It is just to mislead patients.

In UK if you study for a PHD in any subject you are awarded a 'Doctorate' - this is a title you can use to be addressed but convention is that it isn't used to avoid confusion with Doctors in the medical world.

It seems that in chiropractic you only have to 'pass the course' ( not a course at PHD level) to call yourself a 'Doctor of Chiropractic'. it's disgraceful that they go around calling themselves Doctors- it is done to inflate their ego and to attract attention.
              I completely agree. A chiropractic degree is not in any way equivalent to a medical degree and they should not be using the same title.

Chiros are not qualified to treat scoliosis FULL STOP. Chiro school is more of a trade school with a very low GPA required to gain admittance. The reports of material form actual classes in chiro school would make you cringe... these people don't seem to have a basic grasp on science. The entire field sits on a big lie... subluxations. It has been shown that subluxations are imaginary.

http://edzardernst.com/2013/10/twent...wont-tell-you/

The reason most Spinecor braces are offered to kids by chiros and not legitimate doctors is because there is no good evidence the brace prevents surgery. Surgeons are required to pay attention to evidence and there is very little for Spinecor in preventing progression in kids.

Spinecor for pain in adults is less studied and there is anecdotal evidence it helps in some people. But all braces take over for muscle and you will lose muscle tone in the brace. You can't wear it forever and when you come out you might be in more pain after having lost muscle. I think that's why PT might be better for pain... building core muscle to support the spine.
              Last edited by Pooka1; 03-24-2016, 10:50 AM.
              Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
              Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
              X