K-Laser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-Laser

Someone knows if this laser may be better than something as Indiba?
    http://symmetryhealthcenter.com/k-laser-therapy/

Chiro nonsense. Please pardon that redundancy.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

But they didn't invented this. http://www.k-laserusa.com/medical-patients I may say Indiba is a good product really, is what used Nadal when he refused surgery and was close to leave the teniss and then he came back and returned to the top 1. I don't know which could be better and why.

Comment

They didn't invent Spinecor either but are the main people hawking it. They push stuff that surgeons don't seem to want to touch. Surgeons have to limit themselves to evidence and science. Chiros have no limit as we have seen.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

In evaluating any therapy, it is important to scrutinize the evidence based research.

While new therapies may be a valuable option in the future, their value as a current treatment is speculative at best.

I live in the NW US and many people invest lots of money in alternative and non-tradtional treatments and herbal remedies for many conditions and diseases. While there is anecdotal evidence of some individuals improving with just about every therapy, Many treatments are dangerous.

Susan
          Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
          2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
          2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
          2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
          2018: Removal L4,5 screw
          2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Here is a two-part short essay on why people fall for pseudoscience. It is about horse care but it applies to people.

http://www.doctorramey.com/why-thera...y-dont-part-1/

http://www.doctorramey.com/why-thera...y-dont-part-2/

The bottom line is lay people are unarmed in sorting out science from pseudoscience as we have seen with all these threads. A majority of published medical research is thought to be false. Much of it is unrepeatable. When scientists can get honestly fooled, there really is little hope for lay people in this regard. That's why I keep banging on about lay people publishing in the research section. It is extremely likely to be stem to stem misunderstanding.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
              They didn't invent Spinecor either but are the main people hawking it.
              I agree, they are hawking options not invented by them, some good as Spinecor, but certainly I don't know if they were who had the excellent idea of use it in adults. But good and bad ideas and decisions seems to be merged.. it seems they don't realize how important is reduction in brace..I was banned in a group because my discussions with some of those providers because this. According to a calculus I did time ago, the invivsible but real lateral force (because decomposition of the gravity force) pushing out the apex of the curve is something too much serious to sit down waiting for evidence as they said me I should to do instead of criticize providers using the Spinecor in enough rigid curves to do impossible to get significant reduction in brace.
              Last edited by flerc; 01-27-2016, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
                They push stuff that surgeons don't seem to want to touch. Surgeons have to limit themselves to evidence and science. Chiros have no limit as we have seen.
                In fact Spinecor is the invention of some surgeons.. although something extremely similar was invented centuries ago as Weiss said once.
                Surgeons are limited by protocol, they are neither scientists nor researchers, they are physcians and those deciding to be researchers, surely would researchs only about surgery as Betz. Rivard and Collard are probably the only one exception.
                Clear (I think the only ones) Chiropractors seems to not be limited by any protocol. This is good and bad. Is bad because everything without enough foundations may be used and is good because something with enough foundations may be used without waiting years, decades.. until someone probably decides to do what could be necessary to do in order to include it in the protocol. If people don't find what they are looking for in the medical protocol, they must to look for it in another place and don't give up.

Comment

Originally posted by flerc View Post
                  I don't know if they were who had the excellent idea of use it in adults.
                  No, it was not Clear who had the great idea of using the Spinecor in adults and certainly they seems to don't understand it enough. But they understand enough about how to get money..
                  Last edited by flerc; 01-28-2016, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Private message

Hi Flerc,sent you a pm, want to make sure you got it.
                    Emily
                    Emily, 43
                    approx 50 T, 36 T/L

Comment

Yes Emily. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X