This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Flerc,

can you join the Facebook Group Scoliosis Warriors. Then make your questions and see what you think.

I am waiting for my account to be deleted and then I will join again under a different name.

I keep getting removed as soon as I ask anyone for any proof.

I live in UK so it is difficult for me as we don't have Scolismart or CLEAR in UK. However I have made a complaint to the FMA

Comment

Take a look at this link

fb.me/2wZajFoby

What research and what is in this 'formula'?

And look at the likes and the sort of comments - no-one challenging etc. And no reply to the content of the formula - give me strength!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by burdle View Post
        Hi Flerc,

can you join the Facebook Group Scoliosis Warriors. Then make your questions and see what you think.

I am waiting for my account to be deleted and then I will join again under a different name.

I live in UK so it is difficult for me as we don't have Scolismart or CLEAR in UK. However I have made a complaint to the FMA
        It is sickening how they are experimenting on people without telling them. They know they don't have a solution which is fine. But you don't take piles of money from people who think you do. So despicable. How many of those people would fork over piles of money if they knew there was not a shred of evidence that this stuff worked? They are so dishonest in not telling people they are experimenting and getting innocent ignorant people to finance nonsense.
        Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
        Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Take a look at this link

fb.me/2wZajFoby

What research and what is in this 'formula'?

And look at the likes and the sort of comments - no-one challenging etc. And no reply to the content of the formula - give me strength!!!!!
          Interesting that they are a closed group. Cowards.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
            Interesting that they are a closed group. Cowards.
            Could we ask Linda R to ask around for us about them?

Comment

I just looked through some of the treating scoliosis' facebook posts...

Had a sneaking suspicion based on how the girls next to side-by-side xrays of pre and post treatment xrays looked like stock photos of girls and did a quick google image search.

So the girl in this post https://www.facebook.com/TreatingSco...type=3&theater

also showed up at this page http://www.randysmithmd.com/patient-education/

I was unable to find the stock photo agency that has that photo, but looks like the picture of that young lady is a stock photo. I doubt the Ob/Gyn website stole the image from the facebook post, especially since it's been around 2011.

Also, xray marking styles are different (L/R markers) in all their posts. I suppose it could be from different clinics, or they stole xrays too that are really pre/post bracing xrays from other patient education sites.

.... AND if those are their own xryas, why aren't the girls shielded? Sigh.

I get sharing the before/after xrays... Only reason I can think of on their reasoning of attaching the xrays to a face (that isn't of the real patient) is to illicit an emotional response of the viewer connecting on a personal level. But it's such a marketing move... if they are just truly sharing their so-called-treatment results, there's no reason for attaching stock photo to xrays.

The girl in following post is also stock.

https://www.facebook.com/TreatingSco...type=3&theater

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ph...mage/184643301

At the very least they should age-match the xrays to the age of the person in the stock photo...
              Last edited by green m&m; 01-13-2016, 10:47 AM.
              30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
              2005 - T50, L31
              bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
              2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
              Post - op curve ~35

Comment

Hi Flerc,

To use the power on a group in that way is unacceptable, certainly Chiropractic Association should to knows what they are doing.

Comment

we can do something about it- if lots of people join and ask for proof etc. then at least existing members will read posts from us that might encourage more challenge from them.

Comment

Yes, of course, but they doesn't delete the posts? If they delete every post asking for x-rays it would not be effective.

Comment

I was banned from a surgeon's group and they deleted also my posts.

Comment

yes but if a lot of us joined and posted like this - it would be difficult for them to keep on top of deleting them all.

And while this was going on people would see that there is another side to things and ask questions themselves.

At the moment because it is a close group new members get a feeling that everything Scolismart says is true.

Don't we have a sort of responsibility to fight back...

Comment

Yes, at least they would have a big complication. And certainly I'm not so sure that Chiropractic association would want to do something http://www.naturalnews.com/037059_ch...g_Pharma.html#

Comment

Originally posted by flerc View Post
                            I'm referring to the procedure, vertebral manipulation as I know. Tibetan is much soft, as I have heard and saw, Inca Chiropractic seems to be more similar. Surely they had not those concepts.. I don't know how ancient cultures developed what they developed. It seems you hate Chiropractic, it's because Clear? Petitbon and Traction chair really has nothing to do with what Palmer invented or reinvented.
                            Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
                            What is the evidence that Palmer "rediscovered" chiro from Tibet and South America? Why do you keep claiming that?

I seriously doubt they did spinal manipulations in response to "subluxations."
                            Come to South America and you may see it. Folks practicing Inca Chiropractic sure have never heard about Palmer..
                            Last edited by flerc; 01-22-2016, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flerc View Post
                              Come to South America and you may see it. Folks practicing Inca Chiropractic sure have never heard about Palmer..
                              All chiro is pseudoscience but not all pseudoscience is chiro. Just because it looks like chiro to you doesn't mean they are doing the same thing for the same "reasons" as Palmer.

That is the mistake you are making in my opinion.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

They does vertebral manipulations, really very hard and quick in back and neck. For someone don't knowing what they tries to do or what kind of changes are doing, it seems really to be the same, at least very much similar.
                                I think the same happened with massages. Do you know who was the inventor?

Comment

Working...
                                X