Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!!! Lost my sagittal balance.....did anyone find it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Susan,
    Oh, the troubles you have had. Yet another surgery. I am so glad to hear that this time you are doing well. After all your surgeries and just about everything going wrong, you must have been absolutely terrified to go through it all over again. You are very courageous and a true hero. Healing thoughts coming your way with no more setbacks.
    Love, Sally
    Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
    Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
    Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
    Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
    New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
    Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

• Has anyone heard anything from Susan Cook? Periodically I check back here to see if she has posted anything. I pray that she is alright, but why wouldn't she say so.
      Sally
      Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
      Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
      Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
      Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
      New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
      Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

• I did get a private message from her.It didn't say how she was doing. Then I saw that she answered something here. Hopefully she is just busy in her work.
        T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
        C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
        T2--T10 fusion 2/11
        C 4-5 fusion 11/14
        Right scapulectomy 6/15
        Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
        To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
        Broken neck 9/28/2018
        Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
        Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
        Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
        Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1
        Osteotomy

Comment

• Originally posted by susancook View Post
          About 2 weeks ago, I noticed that I was slumping forward and that I needed to crank my neck back far to see. A few family members said that I "looked different". In the morning, at first I walk straight up with my head held high. Shortly thereafter when I walk, I begin to slump over and after a while I am looking at the ground when I walk.

Has this happened to anyone else....slumping over or increasing your sagittal imbalance in such a short amount of time?

HELP!!!!

Susan
          OMG Susan! That seems to be such a sudden change in your condition. I have the opposite problem - I have tried to walk forward at times, but actually take a step or two backwards until I steady myself or grab on to something. Last year, I was on my way to the bathroom in the middle of the night, lost my balance without realizing what was happening, fell flat on my back and fractured T-5. I read some online articles by Dr. Matthew Cunningham at HHS about possible scar tissue causing limitations with walking & balance. Unfortunately for me, he doesn't take my insurance. I wouldn't play around. I would go and find out the possible cause. You make the final decision about what to do next. Good luck, and God bless...

Comment

Working...
          X