Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!!! Lost my sagittal balance.....did anyone find it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Susan,

I just got back on the forum. When you get the chance, please let us know how you are doing

Melissa
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Now, postop × 1 week. Dr. Hart replaced my fxed rods and all of my lumbar instrumentation from the posterior. The infection had caused pseudarthrosis/non-fusion at every lumbar site.

I am at the Rehabilitation Institute of Oregon or RIO in Portland and I will probably go home on Friday. I am having some challenges moving my hip flexors and walking with one crutch. My stage 2 ant/lat surgery will probably be scheduled in January. I am finally straight but still periodically incontinent.

I am tired but doing well. I have a fancy adjustable brace and TED hose. My incision is slightly open at the posterior end, so I had a visit from the "wound care nurse". I hope that it just closes off in a timely manner. My physician here said that the problem with surgical scar revisions is that the skin looks like the Philistines have been through it. Love his obscure comments!

Susan
      Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
      2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
      2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
      2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
      2018: Removal L4,5 screw
      2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Glad to hear you doing okay. Your in my prayers.

Tamena
        Diagnosed at age 12 with a double major curve

Braced till age 15

SSBOB T12-L2 Anterior age 34. (October 22,2012) Dr. Robert Gaines Jr. ( Columbia, MO)

Revision Surgery T2-Sacrum with Pelvic Fixation Prosterior age 35 (November 13,2013) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Revision Surgery L4/L5 due to BMP Complication age 36 (November 20,2014) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, Mo)

Revision Surgery due to broken rod scheduled for October 19, 2016 with Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Comment

Glad to hear that things are going somewhat OK. I am having a procedure done by my urologist in 2 weeks. She said that she has many spine surgery patients that have urinary incontinence problems. She seems to feel that this will help me with that problem. I will let you know

Melissa
          Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Susan it was good to hear from you. Hope you heal well and regain your strength.
            T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
            C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
            T2--T10 fusion 2/11
            C 4-5 fusion 11/14
            Right scapulectomy 6/15
            Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
            To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
            Broken neck 9/28/2018
            Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
            Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
            Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
            Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1
            Osteotomy

Comment

Susan, glad to hear all went well and you are straight again and able to walk with one crutch.
              You will feel even better once you get to go home.
              Marianne
              rotoscoliosis, subluxation and spinal stenosis
              Surgery April 15, 2015 at age 67
              T11-L5
              Decompression with multiple discectomies
              Concord cages @ L2-3, L3-4, L4-5
              Osteotomies and local bone grafting
              Revision Feb.22, 2018
              Replaced rods
              Took out L5 disk to free up nerves
              Used BPM to help with fusing
              Fused T10-S1 with screws in pelvis

Comment

Home again! Great to be back home! Awaiting scheduling of Stage 2 of lumbar revision: anterior and lateral revisions. I should be able to come home after this next surgery vs SNF or rehab facility.

Back to being able to climb up 20 stairs with my crutch and railing. Hope to get in a little bit of outpt PT before next surgery in January. Feeling pretty good, but still dealing with incontinence from the spinal cord injury and pain quickly decreasing from the last surgery. You think by now, I would have constipation figured out....still a challenge.

Mark and I made reservations for Kauai in Jan/Feb 2016 for 5 weeks.....made last year. All now canceled, but will reschedule.

Thanks everyone for well wishes, emails, and calls. Susan
                Attached Files
                Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection

Comment

Susan - that sounds like you are doing remarkably well - 20 steps! I'm impressed. As Dorothy said, "There's no place like home..." and I'm so glad you are there now. It sounds like you have a good plan to prep for this next surgery phase. Will be praying for you. Be sure to let us know when the date is determined. Sorry about the postponed trip, but that will be something to look forward to in awhile. Hugs, Susie
                  71 and plugging along... but having some problems
                  2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
                  5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
                  Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
                  CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
                  10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Susan,

Sending prayers for healing. I love your positive attitude!
                    Peg
                    61 yrs old
                    75 degree lumbar curve with thoracic kyphosis
                    T3 - S1 surgery with Dr. Buchowski in St. Louis, on 10/27/14
                    Working on healing in Columbus, Ohio!

Comment

Now impatiently awaiting the date for my stage 2 surgery. Did I say that I was impatient? I want to get on with my life. I am bummed. Did I mention that I was supposed to be in Kauai at the end of January for 5 weeks? Did I say supposed to be in Hawaii? Bummed again.....
                      Susan
                      Last edited by susancook; 12-19-2015, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by susancook View Post
                        Now impatiently awaiting the date for my stage 2 surgery. Did I say that I was impatient? I want to get on with my life. I am bummed. Did I mention that I was supposed to be in Kauai at the end of January for 5 weeks? Did I say supposed to be in Hawaii? Bummed again.....
                        Susan
                        Susan, I have been to Kauai , so I understand why your bummed!!! Breathtakingly beautiful!! I hope you are standing straight( with crutches) But your balance can't be complete till they finish the surgery. That's what they told me. I know I'n going to have to go through another tough surgery or two. I will see Jan. 5th.
                        You keep me from getting anxiety attacks, as you've been through the ringer and are here to inspire all of us. I wish you didn't have to be the inspiring one~~ none the less, you are!!
                        Wishing you the best!! Hope you have a good Holiday Season.
                        Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
                        Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
                        This started adult onset scoliosis
                        July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
                        Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
                        Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
                        May 30th 2013 revision
                        May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
                        May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Comment

Hi Susan wishing you the best for Christmas and the new year
                          T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
                          C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
                          T2--T10 fusion 2/11
                          C 4-5 fusion 11/14
                          Right scapulectomy 6/15
                          Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
                          To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
                          Broken neck 9/28/2018
                          Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
                          Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
                          Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
                          Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1
                          Osteotomy

Comment

Surgery #5: the finale!

Thanks Jackie and Linda for your thoughtfulness.

So..... Surgery #5 is scheduled for 29 January 2016 with Dr. Hart at OHSU in Portland. It will be a 5 hour surgery: anterior/lateral lumbar discectomy and fusion of T12-S1 with hardware removal. He will place 5 cages and BMP to support fusion. Yikes, I must be falling apart!

Dr. Hart did not think that I would be going to a SNF or rehab facility after surgery. Maybe home health and physical therapy.

Susan
                            Last edited by susancook; 12-26-2015, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Susan, That’s the same setup I have. And done on the same day 8 years ago! 01/29/2008

Ed
                              49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
                              Pre surgery curves T70,L70
                              ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
                              Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
                              http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
                              http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Originally posted by titaniumed View Post
                                Susan, That’s the same setup I have. And done on the same day 8 years ago! 01/29/2008

Ed
                                Scary......
                                Susan

Comment

Working...
                                X