Chilli as an anti inflammatory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chilli as an anti inflammatory?

I've been doing some research, and it seems chilli acts as an anti inflammatory in the body.

My partner is the cook in our house and we rarely have a meal which doesn't include chilli and lots of it. We grow our own and they grow like weeds around here, we pull up thousands of seedlings every year.

My partner had to go away for three weeks and I've cooked for myself. I've used very little chilli. In fact only a little curry paste, which contains chilli, for flavouring my simple vegie dishes. This past week I've noticed some slight aching in my hips which I've never had. In fact, I've been amazed that I've had absolutely no pain whatsoever in the 6.5 years since my surgery. Is this coincidence, I wonder or did I overdo the walking this week? Who knows, but thought I'd put this out there for discussion.

Chilli is on the menu tonight.
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

This is good news to me, I love chilli and I'm willing to believe that it does help as an anti-inflammatory!

Comment

Hi George. Well, I've been back on chilli now for 2 weeks and the slight aching in the back of my hips has gone. I'm sold.

Comment

Turmeric is also known to be a good anti inflammatory, there is a lot of i nfirmation about it on google.
        For me though it hasn't made much difference and I have taken it for 3 months now in capsule form.
        Fused T2-L4 with costoplasty on 3/11/10

Comment

Yes! We also eat lots of turmeric, as well. I should add, as soon as my diet returned to normal, I've had no more soreness in the hips. Eating anti-inflammatory foods is definitely worth a try.

Comment

Working...
          X