Zhineng Qigong for Scoliosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zhineng Qigong for Scoliosis

Hi, I'm new here. I have had a bad scoliosis since my teens. I am now in my late 50s. It has gotten so severe that my breathing is constrained. My leg on the right side went numb a couple times, my doctor guesses from possible nerve damage in my back. I have a brown patch of skin on my back my doctor also said was due to permanent nerve damage in my back. I'm in pain 24/7.

Has anyone here tried Zhineng Qigong? I recently tried a 7 day Zhineng Qigong retreat (it should be called "Intensive" rather than "Retreat", you work hard. The main focus is on the spine. I had done a mini-retreat a couple years back and found relief, but didn't follow through with the exercises (practice) regularly enough. I'm so glad I went and did this again--this time more fully focused. After 7 days at the retreat and now 3 days doing the practice at home every day as well--so 10 days total, I'm visually seeing a difference in my back and my pain greatly lessened...There are long periods of time I am pain free. First time in a years. I think the Spinal Bone Marrow practice has helped me the most. I wanted to share, because I so wish I would have done this sooner. I plan to find time every morning to do my Qigong. (there are other kinds of Qigong--but Zhineng Qigong is the kind I read about as having the most dramatic benefits for the spine).

I'm documenting my journey on video to see what a year of Qigong will do for my back, and compare x-rays at the end as well. I'll keep you updated every so many months.
    Last edited by Sylvi; 04-22-2015, 12:58 PM.

Really good to know about someone with an important curve (I suppose that since what you say) doing Qi Gong. Some years ago I tried to convince my daughter to practice it but she felt it as too much boring and didn’t like the postures. I believe I never heard before about Zhineng Qi Gong, probably it is different.. I thought in Tai Chi but I believe Qi gong should to be better for the spine.. both, and the Spinecor (also Aikido in some sense) are almost the only ones 'therapies' around the world, working the spine during walk.
    I want to know about your advances!

Comment

Ok. I'll keep you updated. Zhineng Qigong was used in the medicine-less hospital in China, and is the only practice I know of that says it can greatly improve or correct scoliosis. It does require some discipline that I imagine can be difficult for a teen or young adult, but I can visually see an improvement and feel so much better. I have tried yoga and it helped with the pain some, but the results I've had with this particular type of Qigong, in such a short time, is to me dramatic. I can't express enough how happy I am. I think another name for this type of Qigong is 'Wisdom Healing Qigong'. I'm surprised more people don't know about it. I'll let you know how it goes. Today was my first completely pain free day in nearly 20 years.

Comment

Great Sylvi, I'm reading a lot about this Qi Gong, a question: One of the poses imply to have your head down while you are stand up? I'm remembering that after doing this pose my daughter decided to not return never more and I was unable to forced her to go anyway.

Comment

Is a new type of Qi Gong, it seems that China goberment only allows now 11 different styles and zhineng is one of them.
          http://www.yuantzerenxue.org/what-is-zhineng-qigong/
          'Chinese government encouraged the popularization of Qigong in an effort to reduce medical costs and maintain good health amongst the Chinese population. '
          China is far to be a stupid folk and only a stupid folk may be interested in using an useless medical method since over 4000 years ago!

Comment

Working...
          X