Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update!

Hello to all!
    Sorry that I haven't been on the form lately. School is crazy!
    I'm president of 2 clubs and I'm in 6 clubs, top ten of my class (soon to be valedictorian hopefully. I'm taking the most AP at of all my classmates and so far I have straight A's. Hopefully it will stay that way).
    As you can see, after two years since my fusion, I am now doing better than ever in my life.
    I'm feeling great, but i have to admit I do feel a little pain every once in a while, especially towards the top of my back/neck sometimes (Around T3, T2, T1). I think its from "slouching" all the time and having my neck forward. Sometimes my body tries to "push" my fused spine into place and make it straight, but it hasn't been successful so far lol (it just secretly wants to have a straighter back. My back isn't completely straight because my surgeon wanted to keep a small curve to prevent a second curve in the future and save as much flexibility as possible).
    Over all, I'm pretty happy how everything as turned out. Sometimes I wish I had a normal back and didn't have to go through all of this, but it's wayyyy better now than it was before, so I always try to look at it that way.
    I hope you all are doing well as well!

Regards,

Kat =^..^=

Wow Kat! Nice update! So happy you are doing well. Your experience is very similar to that of my daughters whose surgery enabled them to get back in the game full throttle. They have never looked back. The surgeon saved their lives.

Nice work on the AP classes but I wanted to warn you that some schools do not accept AP credits... MIT is one of them. Are you still aiming for med school?

Good work.
    Last edited by Pooka1; 11-12-2014, 10:56 AM.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Wonderful!
      T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
      C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
      T2--T10 fusion 2/11
      C 4-5 fusion 11/14
      Right scapulectomy 6/15
      Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
      To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
      Broken neck 9/28/2018
      Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
      Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
      Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
      Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1
      Osteotomy

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
        Wow Kat! Nice update! So happy you are doing well. Your experience is very similar to that of my daughters whose surgery enabled them to get back in the game full throttle. They have never looked back. The surgeon saved their lives.

Nice work on the AP classes but I wanted to warn you that some schools do not accept AP credits... MIT is one of them. Are you still aiming for med school?

Good work.

Yes I still want to go to medical school! I am thinking to do dual enrollment and get my high school diploma and AA at the same time, so I can enter college as a junior and then go to medical school to save time and money.

Comment

Working...
        X