Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flerc View Post
    a 120º curve was reduced to 65º.
    My best guess is these few large decreases were only seen in compensatory curves. I am skeptical that large structural curves can be reduced that much by anything except surgery.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

• Ohh! Soryy!!!
      I was wrong, they was not GlabalAdvances who said that, they was the SEAS (Scientific Exercises Approach to Scoliosis) group. I prefectly understand why they seems to be so worried with what this study says..

Comment

Ohh! Soryy!!!
        I was wrong, they was not GlabalAdvances who said that, they was the SEAS (Scientific Exercises Approach to Scoliosis) group. I perfectly understand why they seems to be so worried with what this study says..
        "Worried?" Why would they be worried? There is nothing to worry about other than more published research results that are false.

There is nothing magical about this or any yoga pose. People have been trying to use yoga with scoliosis for decades. It makes NO sense that these guys were the first to find a magic yoga pose that works for life. If that existed we would know it by now.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

• If I would have a Company developing scoliosis excercises that never get very much important reductions, I would be worry about the future of that Company after reading this study. Of course is an ethic issue to try to debunk it for that reason or not.
          The entire abstract, shows they are not saying that x-rays values are wrong, they simply shows the lack of understanding about scoliosis, inconsistences and so on. The only way of course to debunk this study is proving that x-rays value are wrong.
          The point is ever the same if those values are wrong it's a fraude and if they are right, the millenary yoga pose used as probably never was used before in scoliotic people can reduce in a very much significant way C curves. There's not any other point, is so simply like that.

Comment

• The SEAS people, unlike the great run of people in the scoliosis PT field, are medical doctors. They are the good guys. They want a real answer and aren't stealing people's money.

Because they are medical doctors who also do research, they are in a position to criticize PT studies on first principles. You are confusing their legitimate scientific criticism of the yoga study with the crazy idea that they are mad that someone else will solve scoliosis through exercise and they will somehow lose money.
            Last edited by Pooka1; 07-10-2015, 05:33 AM.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

• By now I think we've wasted too much time and words about this, it's clearly crap and I'm so so angry and disappointed with this, I hope the charlatans involved in this study rot in hell, I really do, giving people false hopes should be punished by law.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alistair View Post
                By now I think we've wasted too much time and words about this, it's clearly crap and I'm so so angry and disappointed with this, I hope the charlatans involved in this study rot in hell, I really do, giving people false hopes should be punished by law.
                I agree. With the amount of yoga types working on this issue, it might be safe to assume yoga isn't a solution.

If it turns out they are reporting reductions in compensatory curves, the paper should be withdrawn FULL STOP.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

• Originally posted by Alistair View Post
                  By now I think we've wasted too much time and words about this, it's clearly crap and I'm so so angry and disappointed with this, I hope the charlatans involved in this study rot in hell, I really do, giving people false hopes should be punished by law.
                  It would be right what you says if you could be sure that x-rays values has nothing to do with what the study says, but you can’t. Or do you think that you can? Why? Do you think that you might prove it? I cannot and I wish to do something to be sure
                  If you would be right, not only this people should be punished. It would be more unacceptable what others did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
                    The SEAS people, unlike the great run of people in the scoliosis PT field, are medical doctors. They are the good guys. They want a real answer and aren't stealing people's money.

Because they are medical doctors who also do research, they are in a position to criticize PT studies on first principles. You are confusing their legitimate scientific criticism of the yoga study with the crazy idea that they are mad that someone else will solve scoliosis through exercise and they will somehow lose money.
                    The crazy idea really is that about good guys and bad guys. There are both kind of guys among medical doctors, also among engeniers, scientists, lawyers, , religious, politicians and every kind of clasification you want to do.
                    Surely they are more exposed and controlled and must be careful in what they do and they show.

Of course I cannot look inside the brains and souls of these people, I only can infer about what I read. Sure they are not stupids and they may deduce that if x-rays values (of course about main curve) are right, people around the world will be interested in doing the Yoga Side Plank instead of SEAS excercises. Do you not believe the same? If you would have a big C curve and you would be sure that a 120º curve was reduced to 65º, what kind of excercise would you prefer to do?

If they are getting money (or they do it free?) with SEAS just only because they want to help people, they SHOULD WANT to know about the validity of those values. What the hell may matter if the study shows a lack of scoliosis understanding?
                    They are not stupid, so they know that the only one important issue is to know if those values are right or not! They had the chance to ask that in a direct and distrustful way. That would have been what I would have done because I want to know the true! This would have been a legitimate scientific criticism and not what they did!

Comment

I agree. With the amount of yoga types working on this issue, it might be safe to assume yoga isn't a solution.
                      Well.. if reductions were as the study said, you may see if you want the ONLY ONE Side Plank as something new not belonging really to Yoga

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
                      If it turns out they are reporting reductions in compensatory curves, the paper should be withdrawn FULL STOP.
                      And of course it would have been a fraud, proving that not all are good guys among medical doctors.

Comment

If you would have a big C curve and you would be sure that a 120º curve was reduced to 65º, what kind of excercise would you prefer to do?
                        No exercise. If I had a large C curve I would assume it was hysterical scoliosis and ask a surgeon to put me under for a little while and wake up with straight back like that one patient Linda mentioned.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

And of course it would have been a fraud, proving that not all are good guys among medical doctors.
                          Never assume fraud when plain old incompetence can explain the result. Review the issues brought up by the ISICO doctors (secondary curve larger than primary curve, mixing degenerative and idiopathic, etc. etc.). These are not orthopedic surgeons and it shows. They are pain doctors. Different specialty. No overlap.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

No exercise. If I had a large C curve I would assume it was hysterical scoliosis and ask a surgeon to put me under for a little while and wake up with straight back like that one patient Linda mentioned.
                            Did she mentioned a super giant hysterical adult curve??

Comment

• There were a fair number of people having their kids doing PT. I hope we hear from them. Some are certainly done growing. It would be helpful if they reported back on the results of the PT.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Did she mentioned a super giant hysterical adult curve??
                                I don't remember how big but it was surgical range.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
                                X