No announcement yet.

Fifa's Surgery 11/10/14 with Dr. Buchowski

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no, I'm so very sorry to hear you have that much more on your plate right now! I'll be thinking of you, especially as we head to the hospital Monday, too. I hope your surgery and recovery go well!!
    Karen

Mom to Girl Child diagnosed with 84* and 91* curves in Aug 2014 at age 11.5.
    Surgeries scheduled for Nov 10, 14, and 17.

Comment

• Oh Fifa! This is horrible news! I will add your parents to my prayer list. I find strength in your decision to continue on as planned. That is the right decision because you would be of no help in pain. Right now you have to put you first which I'm sure is easier said than done.

We will be watching and waiting for updates. Sending positive thoughts and soft hugs.
      Tamena
      Diagnosed at age 12 with a double major curve

Braced till age 15

SSBOB T12-L2 Anterior age 34. (October 22,2012) Dr. Robert Gaines Jr. ( Columbia, MO)

Revision Surgery T2-Sacrum with Pelvic Fixation Prosterior age 35 (November 13,2013) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Revision Surgery L4/L5 due to BMP Complication age 36 (November 20,2014) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, Mo)

Revision Surgery due to broken rod scheduled for October 19, 2016 with Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Comment

• Prayers and best wishes for your whole family.
        T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
        C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
        T2--T10 fusion 2/11
        C 4-5 fusion 11/14
        Right scapulectomy 6/15
        Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
        To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
        Broken neck 9/28/2018
        Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
        Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
        Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
        Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1
        Osteotomy

Comment

• Fifa, I am so sorry about about your dad....

Your right about never having a good time or right time to have surgery....trust that everything goes ok and it will happen.

Deep breaths for now....post when you can

Ed
          49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
          Pre surgery curves T70,L70
          ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
          Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
          http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
          http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

• Fifa,
            I'm so sorry about your dad. I tried to post a reply last evening, but it seems to be lost. In it, I encouraged you to give your worries about your dad to God. I saw that you've already done that and felt peace - amazing isn't it!
            Now, remember God loves you and no matter the outcome, HE will see you through it. You are going to be a champ and come through the surgery just fine. You may not believe that, at first.
            You are a strong, brave woman. You've done lots of research and you've reached out to others for encouragement & information. You've been so encouraging to me!
            You're ready!
            Praying that Jesus has His arms wrapped around you and your dad for comfort & healing.
            Sincerely, Peg
            Peg
            61 yrs old
            75 degree lumbar curve with thoracic kyphosis
            T3 - S1 surgery with Dr. Buchowski in St. Louis, on 10/27/14
            Working on healing in Columbus, Ohio!

Comment

• On your mark, ready, set .....GO! You'll do well! You're surrounded by prayer!
              Peg
              61 yrs old

Comment

• Originally posted by PeggyS View Post
                On your mark, ready, set .....GO! You'll do well! You're surrounded by prayer!
                Love what Peggy said, and I don't think that I can say it any better. See you on the other side... Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
                Hugs,

hdsluckygirl
                hdsluckygirl@gmail.com

Comment

• so very sorry to read about what happened to your father...
                  i hope the doctors/surgeons can help him to feel better and
                  to get better....however slowly the healing happens...just so it
                  happens...

was just going to mention, based on a previous post, that
                  getting a "Mia Farrow" (pixie) hair cut is so very freeing...i used
                  to do it in summer when i was younger...always said women
                  should try it at least once in their lifetime...(and hair does grow
                  back)...it would be one less thing to have
                  to deal with while recuperating from fusion surgery.

wishing you a smooth operation and uneventful recovery....
                  please take care of you....then u will be able to help your dad.

jess...& Sparky

Comment

• Originally posted by Karen5 View Post
                    Oh no, I'm so very sorry to hear you have that much more on your plate right now! I'll be thinking of you, especially as we head to the hospital Monday, too. I hope your surgery and recovery go well!!
                    Hi, Karen. I'm praying for you and your daughter. I'm on my tablet so wont write much tonight. She's in good hands!

Fifa

Comment

• Grateful for all of you!

Hi, everyone. We're at the Parkway hotel. I'm trying to eat some last-minute jello. We arrived about 10:30 pm tonight...so late. I had to clean up loose ends at work today, pack, laundry, plus see my folks. So, we got away really late. Peggy, I'm sorry I didnt get a chance to stop by. You are welcome to come see me if you are able. Don't know when I'll be able to post again. Typing on this tablet is so slow!

I feel relief tonight. Suddenly, all the planning, preparing, and worrying is over. Now, it is all about the healing.

I'm having a little broth before midnight so will close for now. THANK YOU ALL for your support and prayers. I hope you all know how much you have helped me. This time tomorrow, I'll be on the other side. Please pray for me, my incredible husband, and my folks. It sure was hard to leave them tonight.

Hopefully hubby will post an update in a day or two.

Love, hugs, and prayers to you. Namaste!

Fifa...who will be bionic tomorrow!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by fifa View Post
                        Hi, everyone. We're at the Parkway hotel. I'm trying to eat some last-minute jello. We arrived about 10:30 pm tonight...so late. I had to clean up loose ends at work today, pack, laundry, plus see my folks. So, we got away really late. Peggy, I'm sorry I didnt get a chance to stop by. You are welcome to come see me if you are able. Don't know when I'll be able to post again. Typing on this tablet is so slow!

I feel relief tonight. Suddenly, all the planning, preparing, and worrying is over. Now, it is all about the healing.

I'm having a little broth before midnight so will close for now. THANK YOU ALL for your support and prayers. I hope you all know how much you have helped me. This time tomorrow, I'll be on the other side. Please pray for me, my incredible husband, and my folks. It sure was hard to leave them tonight.

Hopefully hubby will post an update in a day or two.

Love, hugs, and prayers to you. Namaste!

Fifa...who will be bionic tomorrow!!!!

Forgot to say that I couldn't find the time this weekend to get a haircut. Really wanted a pixie at least. Oh, well. LOL

Comment

• Sending positive thoughts, hugs, and prayers!

Tamena
                          Diagnosed at age 12 with a double major curve

Braced till age 15

SSBOB T12-L2 Anterior age 34. (October 22,2012) Dr. Robert Gaines Jr. ( Columbia, MO)

Revision Surgery T2-Sacrum with Pelvic Fixation Prosterior age 35 (November 13,2013) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Revision Surgery L4/L5 due to BMP Complication age 36 (November 20,2014) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, Mo)

Revision Surgery due to broken rod scheduled for October 19, 2016 with Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Comment

• Thinking of you today, Fifa, and hoping all goes well!
                            Karen

Mom to Girl Child diagnosed with 84* and 91* curves in Aug 2014 at age 11.5.
                            Surgeries scheduled for Nov 10, 14, and 17.

Comment

• My thoughts & prayers are with you, Fifa. You'll probably walk a little bit and sit. Hope you find a comfortable position for sleeping!
                              Peg
                              61 yrs old

Comment

• Hope all is well. It's tough right now but will get better.Jackie
                                T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
                                C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
                                T2--T10 fusion 2/11
                                C 4-5 fusion 11/14
                                Right scapulectomy 6/15
                                Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
                                To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
                                Broken neck 9/28/2018
                                Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
                                Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
                                Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
                                Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1
                                Osteotomy

Comment

Working...
                                X