No announcement yet.

PT as a treatment of scoliosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone knowing Schroth here might answer your question.

Comment

• Just an update to keep the track on my progress. Scale is now on 78.5kg. I've been gaining 1kg per month for the last 9 months while maintaing body fat around 11%. Those newbie gains
      It is satisfing when someone who haven't seen you a long time compliments how you got so muscular, I used to be skinny as a stick. Confidence gains too I progressed so much on a deadlift and I think I will stop adding weight on this excercise, I don't wan't to injure myself, I already got very good strenght base from this excercise. Maybe in future I will post some pictures to motivate others. Until next time, stay strong and don't give up

Comment

• Great Boogaloo! It would be good to see your pics.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/eTy-EqSjN3A

https://youtu.be/nzAytFMwFNU

Two very common myths about weight training. I am not sure am I allowed to link you tube videos here, if I'm not let me know.

Comment

• One thing popped into my head today. My scoliosis was 30° when I was 180cm tall and I almost had no deformity from scoliosis, I felt completely normal. I am now done growing at 186cm and now it is 40° and deformity is much worse than it was at 30° and risk of further progression is greater.
            Probably there is a medical way of stunting growth in teens with some medications or hormones( I am not sure about this ). If it is possible, would it be reasonable to stunt growth when my scoliosis was 30°, I was already happy with my height. I would have scoliosis that has no impact on my self image, odds of progression and further problems would be much lower. Maybe this is kind of a silly question but I would like to hear your thoughts on this idea.

Comment

• Yes, it s a good idea and it is possible with hormones like cortisol.

Comment

Working...
              X