No announcement yet.

Quackery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delta107, I am so sorry that happened to you. There needs to be more protection from quacks.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

I was given an exercise regimen that actually exacerbated my hypokyphosis by a PT at a scoliosis clinic for kids at Phoenix Children's Hospital. I HAD to do those exercises. It didn't hurt me at the time, thankfully, but was very unpleasant. So it's not just the non-medical community out there. You really have to watch which doctor you go to. It was a free clinic for kids with scoliosis with some of the best doctors supervising the learners. PT was a separate department within the department. I did have a GREAT neurologist, though.
      Be happy!
      We don't know what tomorrow brings,
      but we are alive today!

Comment

Quackery

Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
        I was given an exercise regimen that actually exacerbated my hypokyphosis by a PT at a scoliosis clinic for kids at Phoenix Children's Hospital. I HAD to do those exercises. It didn't hurt me at the time, thankfully, but was very unpleasant. So it's not just the non-medical community out there. You really have to watch which doctor you go to. It was a free clinic for kids with scoliosis with some of the best doctors supervising the learners. PT was a separate department within the department. I did have a GREAT neurologist, though.
        I found that PT never did much good for me as a kid other than give me great abs but not a strong core. I started doing PT just as I was starting chiropractic services but found that they seemed to work against each other. My physical therapist had given me a lift for my shoe because I have a leg discrepancy and we debated over which shoe it was to go it. I relented and listened to her. Not smart on my part. It caused some of the worse pain I had experienced. I spent half my day tripping all over the place so I took it out. She called later and said, "I'm sorry, you were right." Yes, I figured that out already! I choose my chiropractic services over the PT services because the PT I was getting was sub-par and my chiropractor got me back to working out again, although it took time. I too have an amazing neurologist! once my surgeon retired three years ago and I started getting passed around to the pain clinic and a physiatrist my neuro was my savior!
        Susan

Diagnosed at 10, Boston brace from 11-13 yrs old.
        50* Lumbar w/ 5 centimeter shift to the left and slight rib hump...
        Surgery Date: April 15 and April 22, 2009
        X-LIF approach for disc repair L5,L4,L3,L2
        Posterior Approach for fusions L5-T5
        Dr. Fox @ Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
        Nice and straight now!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X