No announcement yet.

Tomorrow Scojo will just be Jo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give Jo my love and tell her to keep trying, she can do it! Many of us had blood pressure problems after surgery, since loss of blood and replacement is a tricky business.

Jo....you are awesome! Every day is a new opportunity toward getting into shape and the NEW JO!

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks Sue Ann for keeping us informed.

Susan and her abdominal truss
    Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
    2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
    2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
    2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
    2018: Removal L4,5 screw
    2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Hope life gets better

Where are you going for rehab?
      Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Jo formerly Scojo

Hi all,

SueAnn again with another update on Jo. After quite a bit of trial and error the medical staff seems to have finally settled on the right path for management of Jo's pain. Her meds now allow for mitigation of some of her pain while leaving her the ability to get up and out of bed. She has been on a few walks and is now sitting in a chair to eat her crummy tasting hospital food!

She a scoliosis follow up X-ray late Friday afternoon. Results support the surgeons initial report regarding her correction to 10-12 degrees. At this time it looks as if no follow up surgery is necessary and she is greatly relieved to hear that.

She will be moving to UCI rehab on Monday or Tuesday.

I will keep you updated as she moves into he next phase of her recovery.

SueAnn

Comment

May the crummy food be an incentive to heal and get out of there!

Give her my love and a hug! Susan
          Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection

Comment

Glad that she is doing better . I have been a patient at UCI at least 10-12 times and have always found the food to be decent food.I am sorry that she does not feel that the food is good
            Melissa

Comment

Keep moving!

Hi Jo,
              I didn't get on here and see this big surgery of yours till now. Sounds like all is going as well as it should so far. You were to move to rehab as I read earlier. By now you should be feeling better, I hope.. Some people recover faster than others. So don't be hard on yourself one way or the other. We have all had huge surgeries, but just have to be careful not to be disappointed if we don't all heal alike!. Difference in our structures ! But the goal is always the same! To have a better quality of life. Good Luck and I pray you get that for sure!! Warmly, Linda
              Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
              Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
              This started adult onset scoliosis
              July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
              Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
              Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
              May 30th 2013 revision
              May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
              May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Comment

Hey Jo, how are you? If everything doesn't hurt, you must be smoking something! I was wondering about all my back pain and my surgeon said, "In 10 hours I pulled all your back muscles going 2 different ways into a new direction. They are protesting." It takes months for what I call "everything to settle out".

Get as Zen as you can....relax, take your drugs, ask for more if you need, get up and walk. Try stairs, go up. Just do it! Progress happens in spurts and then you go backwards....but it is ever forward. You can do it, just have faith in yourself. Spring is here and you have summer ahead of yourself! When you go home from Rehab, get out and smell the flowers everyday....a couple of times every day. Get out for breakfast and only stay as long as you can. Take a nap. Remember to bring a pillow with you for your back, so it is soft to lean back.

Looking forward to hearing about your progress. Call me anytime!

Hugs, Susan

Comment

Did you move to rehab? I hope that things are going ok for you. I will be at UCI on Wednesday. Where are you going to be then?

I would love to stop in for a short visit

Melissa
                  Melissa

Comment

Jo--
                    So glad to hear your surgery was successful--that's probably not the word it feels like right now though. Everyone has had such good advice on here and it all is very true! Hang in there and continue to heal. Positive thoughts heading your way. Janet
                    Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
                    Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
                    Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
                    Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
                    T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

Working...
                    X