X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update

Hi guys!
    Long time no talk!
    Sorry about that, school And extracurricular activities has kept me busy.
    I'm currently a year and almost 5 months post op! No back pain or anything(just a few annoyances every once in a while, like when I try to do that cobra stretch while watching a movie -_-), school is going great- I'm top 10% (and it will be lower[which is good. The closer to one the better!] once they update the class ranking. I'll let you know what percentage I am at later ) everything is going fantastic! I'm going to be volunteering at a hospital soon and will do medical research with a surgeon/professor/researcher at a local university next year's summer. Everything Is just going really well. I feel truly blessed looking back and I seriously think the whole surgery experience was fun and I would TOTALLY do it again!! Wow it feels like forever not being on here!
    Nice seeing everybody again!! I didn't know where to put this in so I just put the thread here :|

Kat,
    It's so nice hearing from you! You sound like you are on your way to fulfilling your dream of working in the medical field! Are you still wanting to be a surgeon? It sounds like it from your post. Research is also a GREAT option. We DESPERATELY need more scoliosis researchers. Congrats on your class standing! That's no small accomplishment, especially having to deal with your painful brace, all of your appointments and surgery!

Thanks for the update and I wish you continued success in your future (and current) endeavors!
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

Comment

Kat, keep up the great work in school! Great grades and compassion are two important ingredients for success in whatever field you choose in the helping professions. Keep us posted on how you are doing.
      Susan
      Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
      2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
      2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
      2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
      2018: Removal L4,5 screw
      2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Originally posted by Kat3573 View Post
        just a few annoyances every once in a while, like when I try to do that cobra stretch while watching a movie -_-
        You might try a different movie....(smiley face)

Keep up the good work! Glad to see you doing well!

Ed
        49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
        Pre surgery curves T70,L70
        ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
        Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Ed, I would have commented on the "cobra stretch" but I have no idea what it is. Anyway, it is probably not recommended for older ladies like me....even if I could do whatever it is!
          Susan
          Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
          2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
          2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
          2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
          2018: Removal L4,5 screw
          2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

KAT, it sounds like you are doing great.
            T10-pelvis fusion 12/08
            C5,6,7 fusion 9/10
            T2--T10 fusion 2/11
            C 4-5 fusion 11/14
            Right scapulectomy 6/15
            Right pectoralis major muscle transfer to scapula
            To replace the action of Serratus Anterior muscle 3/16
            Broken neck 9/28/2018
            Emergency surgery posterior fusion C4- T3
            Repeated 11/2018 because rods pulled apart added T2 fusion
            Removal of partial right thoracic hardware 1/2020
            Removal and replacement of C4-T10 hardware with C7 and T 1