No announcement yet.

Lia's surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my god, what a long surgery!! I'm super super happy that she's okay. Your daughter is in my thoughts. Please keep us updated! We are all thinking about Lia!
    Last edited by Kat3573; 05-26-2013, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Lia's surgery

Hi, we're at home right now. Lia still has a lot of pain but she is walking better and longer distances. She is only taking percocet by oral way. She is sad and feels confused, we're wondering if this medication causes this sensations. After she woke up from anesthesia and morfine, we were scared to death. She began to talk nonses and in one moment she said that was blind, but the nurse show her that she was able to see.

This situation is really hard, we still being worried, even though Lia is been achieving her milestones, you know: wake up form ansthesia, move her limbs, stand, walk, and so on.

We have a last step to get our minds and souls relieved which is avoid and infection on her surgery.

This has been really hard please keep us in your prayers.

In the next weeks I will write a summary of Lia's surgery including details and recommedations. I know this is so important for parents. I met a lot of doctors in Cuba, Mexico, Tampa, Miami and Philadelphia. I started reading this forum in 2005 when I lived in Havana and this has been a great help.

After fininshing my essay I expected no to talk about this in a long time.

God bless you all

Carlos
      Attached Files

Comment

Dear Carlos-- what a time you and your family have been through. Thank you for posting the picture of your precious Lia-- she is beautiful. It must feel so good to be home again. She will feel better soon. I will pray for her recovery-- and for all of you as you "let go" of that stress that has had you in its grasp for so long. May the Lord bless Lia, you and your family during this recovery time.
        71 and plugging along... but having some problems
        2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
        5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
        Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
        CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
        10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

hi Carlos
          anesthesia can cause depression, per medical doctors...
          some on this forum have discussed it...
          you might be able to find posts about it if you go to "advanced search"
          at the top of the page and type the subject in...

i hope your daughter feels better every day....
          she looks very sweet in the picture...

jess

Comment

Hi Carlos,

I will keep you all in my prayers, and hope that her recovery is quick. She is an adorable young thing! Thank you for sharing and being willing to detail your experience, it will be a blessing to so many, including myself.

-C
            Mom to son with new straight spine 8/15/2013 T16, L16
            Pre op T65, L?
            diagnosed 2/21/13 T55, L42

Comment

Carlos your daughter is beautiful! May your daughter have a nice and quick recovery! I'll keep her in my prayers. With time she will get better. Time heals everything after my surgery I also took percocet. Man that medicine gave me some weird dreams. I would wake up cover in sweat for the first weeks, but then i took less and less and I stopped taking it completely two weeks later. My teacher said the same thing: that he took the medicine and he said he got some "funky" dreams (whatever that means).

I looked up the side effects for percocet. Here they are:

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/percocet-side-effects.html

Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction while taking acetaminophen / oxycodone: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.

Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:

shallow breathing, slow heartbeat;
              feeling light-headed, fainting;
              confusion, unusual thoughts or behavior;
              seizure (convulsions);
              problems with urination; or
              nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
              Less serious side effects include:

feeling dizzy or drowsy;
              mild nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, constipation;
              blurred vision; or
              dry mouth.
              This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
              Last edited by Kat3573; 05-31-2013, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X