My 17 year old son has a 48 degree C curve. The doctors say he should have surgery within the year. Now that I have stopped crying (finally), I need to find the best surgeon. We live in Fort Collins, CO and have been to the Children's Hospital in Denver. I haven't heard good things about them and would like to explore other options. Does anyone have a surgeon they highly recommend? Also, should we get an MRI? His curve changed fast so I haven't had time to do a lot of research on the process. Please guide me.