Acne has to clear up before surgery.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acne has to clear up before surgery.

Our fifth surgeon consult was the only one who wanted my son's acne cleared up before surgery. He said teens with acne have been known to get an infection in surgery, Just to be safe; we are to treat it aggressively. My son does have a few pimples on his back and no one else brought up any concern. I certainly don't mind clearing up his acne, but we were hoping for a summer surgery and not sure if it will clear in time.

Has anyone else had to take these precautions before?
    Mom to son with new straight spine 8/15/2013 T16, L16
    Pre op T65, L?
    diagnosed 2/21/13 T55, L42

Originally posted by tampamom View Post
    Our fifth surgeon consult was the only one who wanted my son's acne cleared up before surgery. He said teens with acne have been known to get an infection in surgery, Just to be safe; we are to treat it aggressively. My son does have a few pimples on his back and no one else brought up any concern. I certainly don't mind clearing up his acne, but we were hoping for a summer surgery and not sure if it will clear in time.

Has anyone else had to take these precautions before?
    Go to a good skin doctor and it will be much better within a month. If you want PM and I will tell you what combo of drugs and creams my sons uses

Melissa
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Hi...

I hadn't heard of the infection risk, but it makes sense. It shouldn't take long to clear up the acne, and I think you'll both feel a lot more confident if it's gone.

--Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
      X