Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions Post-Op 7 Months

I just had a few questions.

I returned from a 6 night cruise of the caribbean today. Lately I've been feeling a lot better than normal. While on my cruise, I had some numbness and tingling (like my right leg/foot was asleep) after sitting on a stool and finally after walking for about 15 minutes it went away.. It kind of freaked me out as I haven't had that at all until now....I also noticed that I was having a bit of tingling in my right arm/hand throughout the last month. I've also experienced very tight shoulder muscles that I think are causing lots of tension headaches. I wondered if anyone else has experienced any of this before. Is this something that I should contact my doctor about? Or is it typical after a surgery to correct a 90 degree kyphoscoliosis surgery (corrected to about 45 degrees).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hannah

It can't hurt to call your doctor if these are new sensations. Better to be on the safe side.

Best wishes,
    Evelyn
    age 48
    80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
    Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
    Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
    Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
    Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Confusedmom View Post
      It can't hurt to call your doctor if these are new sensations. Better to be on the safe side.

Best wishes,
      Evelyn
      Thanks, Evelyn. I actually emailed Angie, Dr. Lenke's nurse, this evening with my concerns, as I didn't want to waste her time if it's not something to be worried about. I've also noticed in my right hand that sometimes if I straighten my right hand, it trembles/shakes....The left does not. At my 6 month post-op the fellow who examined me did mention some hypermobility in my arm (but said if I'm not noticing anything different with my gait or balance etc. not to worry), but I am wondering if it is something that is getting worse over time or something. I'd rather have someone tell me "It's not something to be worried about" or "come in for some tests."

Comment

Working...
      X