Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those w/ 2 day surgeries, what did you do on the inbetween days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those w/ 2 day surgeries, what did you do on the inbetween days?

I have a 2 day surgery planned: ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4 and then 3 days later: PSF T4-S1.
    What did you do on the days between surgery [besides pray a lot]?
    How was it?
    Were you at all unstable spine-wise between surgeries?
    Thanks
    Susan
    Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
    2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
    2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
    2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
    2018: Removal L4,5 screw
    2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

You recover. Most likely, they'll have you up and walking with physical therapists each day. You'll probably sleep most of the rest of time. One's spine is not unstable between stages with the potential exception of having a corpectomy or vertebral column resection.
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Prayers for you~~

Hey Susan,
      I see you have surgery coming right up! I forget to look over on the "first time surgeries" and so I need to get caught up on what's happening with you. Apparently you decided to do the surgery. And in two parts, as you posted. I didn't have a two part surgery, but I think that three days is going to go pretty fast! Like Linda said"you'll be sleeping a lot of that time"~~~ I am so happy you're going forth and getting this done. You deserve a good quality of life. And hopefully, with lots of prayers ,and a good surgeon (plus team,) you will be on your way!! Stay strong and confident in your mind and the body will fall into place. Sounds like you've got things pretty well organized. Please know you're in my thoughts and prayers~~God Bless You as you go into this next phase of your life.
      Warmly Linda
      Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
      Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
      This started adult onset scoliosis
      July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
      Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
      Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
      May 30th 2013 revision
      May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
      May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Comment

Susan

I was kept out for my 2 day stage. I don’t remember a thing during that period. No dreams, no pain, no nothing. Since they put the 5 spacers in from the front, they probably wanted me laying low during that period.....I had “partial” corpectomies done on L1-S1.

I have no low pain at all, which is unbelievable.....From 10 to 0. I never expected that result since my lumbar situation was in really rough condition. Like a rusty crankshaft off a Model T ford. (smiley face)

I believe you are ready. You have done a good job using the forum....

Ed
        49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
        Pre surgery curves T70,L70
        ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
        Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Working...