sick with cold/cough surgery scheduled for the 18th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sick with cold/cough surgery scheduled for the 18th

I've been sick for a few days. Hopefully will feel better soon. If I still had cold/cough I'm assuming they wouldn't do surgery. What are your thoughts? Maggie
    44 years old, right thoracic curve 63 degrees, thoracolumbar major curve 75 degrees, thoracic kyphosis 39 degrees.

Originally posted by maggie6 View Post
    I've been sick for a few days. Hopefully will feel better soon. If I still had cold/cough I'm assuming they wouldn't do surgery. What are your thoughts? Maggie
    Hi Maggie,

I imagine you will be better in time for surgery, but it would be a good idea to check in with your surgeon's office next week just to make sure.

In the meanwhile, rest up, drink lots of extra fluids, and eat nutritious meals. Take it easy and take extra good care of yourself.
    Gayle, age 50
    Oct 2010 fusion T8-sacrum w/ pelvic fixation
    Feb 2012 lumbar revision for broken rods @ L2-3-4
    Sept 2015 major lumbar A/P revision for broken rods @ L5-S1

mom of Leah, 15 y/o, Diagnosed '08 with 26* T JIS (age 6)
    2010 VBS Dr Luhmann Shriners St Louis
    2017 curves stable/skeletely mature

also mom of Torrey, 12 y/o son, 16* T, stable

Comment

Hi Maggie,

I hope you feel better soon. You still have more than a week to recover - you'll be fine. Drink tea with lemon and try to relax. I am actually afraid of the same thing - trying to avoid crowded places and washing my hands a lot...
      I am stronger than scoliosis, and won't let it rule my life!
      45 years old - diagnosed at age 7
      A/P surgery on March 5/7, 2013 - UCSF

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I think I was starting to panic. I'm feeling better tonight.
        44 years old, right thoracic curve 63 degrees, thoracolumbar major curve 75 degrees, thoracic kyphosis 39 degrees.

Comment

Glad to hear that you're feeling better! Please let us know how your surgery went when you can. My surgery is in three weeks too and I am a little jittery.
          I am stronger than scoliosis, and won't let it rule my life!
          45 years old - diagnosed at age 7
          A/P surgery on March 5/7, 2013 - UCSF

Comment

Guess what... My surgery is also in 3 weeks!

Don't worry Maggie.. You have time to feel better until you surgery!

Wish you the bests.
            25 Years old male with thoracic 68 degrees and lumbar 34 degrees of scoliosis.

Straight Position: Straight Position.jpg
            Bent to the Right: Bent to the Right.jpg
            Bent to the Left: Bent to the Left.jpg
            Side Position: Side Position.jpg
            Pelvis: Pelvis.jpg

Comment

Working...
            X