Alternative to surgery? Chiropractor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative to surgery? Chiropractor?

Hi, my name is Spyros 25 years old guy who lives in Greece. i'm new here and i m happy that i found that forum 2 weeks now. I need your help/advise as soon as possible cause i have only 2 days to think about that decision. So my story is the following:

I have scoliosis S type at 68 degrees top and 48 bottom with my spine in torsion as well. I met the top orthopedic surgeon doctor here in Greece about my situation and he told me that the only solution is surgery. Ok by now.. i don t have any problem/fear about the surgeries and all these things. After that, I 've been told that there is a very good Chiropractor in Geneva, Switzeland, who makes 'miracles'. I contact him and he told me that he might correct me a while, but he doesnt know if i'll need surgery afterwards. He ask me to see me for a week, so as he can give me a final asnwer about if he can correct me without surgery needed, but he wants 2500 euro for that week. So i ll be needed 5000 euro for that trip, only to get an aswer if he can correct me or not without surgery needed.

So i'm asking you guys, Do you know if Chiropractors can do anything about my situation (scoliosis)? Do i have any chance to avoid surgery with that treatment? Is it worth it to pay 5000 euro just to get an answer about if that Chiropractor can treat me or not?

Thanks in advance,

Spyros Zochios
    25 Years old male with thoracic 68 degrees and lumbar 34 degrees of scoliosis.

Straight Position: Straight Position.jpg
    Bent to the Right: Bent to the Right.jpg
    Bent to the Left: Bent to the Left.jpg
    Side Position: Side Position.jpg
    Pelvis: Pelvis.jpg

66 years old.....68 degree thoracic 42 degrees lumbar. I have seen literally a dozen medical professionals (including 3 chiropractors) over time. I never contemplated surgery.
    In my opinion, if you are having organ issues, breathing difficulty or some other serious complication, then do the surgery. I would not do chiropractic without a written guaranteed (which I don't think you can get)

I have been on a exercise program that I put together from information from the internet. It includes Schroth breathing, yoga, light weights, isometrics, etc. I haven't been re-measured, but I am positive I have changed my body. My muscles are more symmetrical and stronger. Posture significantly improved. If you decide to not have surgery and want to learn about what I am doing then contact me directly. rkochis65@gmail.com I will send you all my stuff.
    The best of luck to you.
    Randy

Comment

Originally posted by Spyros View Post
      he wants 2500 euro for that week.
      2500 euros!! I'd think is a fraude.

Comment

There has never been a single published study showing that chiropractic can do anything to eliminate the need for scoliosis surgery.
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Don"t spend the money.

I have extensive Chiro experiance over 26 years, it will not correct curves permanently....Been there done that.

I will post more later since Im at work

Welcome to the forum

Ed
          49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
          Pre surgery curves T70,L70
          ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
          Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
          http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
          http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Originally posted by flerc View Post
            2500 euros!! I'd think is a fraude.
            Nope. I know that this chiro is one of the best in world.

Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
            There has never been a single published study showing that chiropractic can do anything to eliminate the need for scoliosis surgery.
            Though i did watch some videos and read stories about people who had big scoliosis and after chiro they have 10+.

Originally posted by titaniumed View Post
            Don"t spend the money.

I have extensive Chiro experiance over 26 years, it will not correct curves permanently....Been there done that.

I will post more later since Im at work

Welcome to the forum

Ed
            Maybe u didnt find any good Chipractors? :/

Comment

spyros...
              people have answered you...
              but you seem to be fighting the answers they've given...
              if you are determined to find reasons to believe what you
              seem to want to believe, i am not sure why you asked the
              questions...???

jess

Comment

Jess, i accept all their answers and thanks all for that. I just wanna clear up some things that are on my mind. Like the doctors that different from each others. as i told that doctor is one of the best. I m not going to a chiropractor in my country, town, neighborhood.

All i ask is if some1 has more info to give me about my topic or write me his/her experience like Ed wrote, but i m w8ing more infos from Ed. Seems like he has a lot of experience to share.

Comment

i hate to see you waste money...
                  but sometimes we do not believe something til
                  we experience it..
                  i never got help from a chiropractor...the opposite, actually...
                  i fear there is potential for harm...
                  i did get help from injections...temporarily...

i wish you good luck and hope you find something that
                  alleviates pain...but i do not believe anything can change
                  curves, except surgery...

jess

Comment

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
                    but i do not believe anything can change
                    curves, except surgery...

jess
                    I agree on that. But, as i've been told, the specific chiropractor makes 'miracles' and i dont want after some years, when i ve done with surgery, a known guy come to me and say: Hey, i just finished my chiropractor's treatment and my curves went down from 60 degrees to 20 degrees and i feel like a child again. And i ll be in a lot of pain and stiffness. If you can understand me.

Thanks you again!

Comment

yes, i understand...
                      i just hope you are not really disappointed...
                      you seem to feel you would be passing up a great
                      opportunity if you do not try this.

jess

Comment

I agree on that. But, as i've been told, the specific chiropractor makes 'miracles' and i dont want after some years, when i ve done with surgery, a known guy come to me and say: Hey, i just finished my chiropractor's treatment and my curves went down from 60 degrees to 20 degrees and i feel like a child again. And i ll be in a lot of pain and stiffness. If you can understand me.

Thanks you again!
                        Ask the chiro to show you proof that he significantly reduced someone's curves. If he has done miracles then he should have proof.
                        Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
                        Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

a known guy come to me and say: Hey, i just finished my chiropractor's treatment and my curves went down from 60 degrees to 20 degrees

Thanks you again!
                          When did you know this guy? How much time was needed to reduce 40º? Are you sure he was 60º and not 30? Why are you sure he is saying you the true? Is he an adult?.. if you were talking about something behind science domain.. who knows, but is not the case of chiropractic. And I really know good chiropractors.

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
                            Ask the chiro to show you proof that he significantly reduced someone's curves. If he has done miracles then he should have proof.
                            If I decide to finally go to that Chiropractor, I'll ask for proofs for sure. Thanks Sharon!

Originally posted by flerc View Post
                            When did you know this guy? How much time was needed to reduce 40º? Are you sure he was 60º and not 30? Why are you sure he is saying you the true? Is he an adult?.. if you were talking about something behind science domain.. who knows, but is not the case of chiropractic. And I really know good chiropractors.
                            Probably you misunderstood there my point Flerc. It was an example about the case that if after some years after i done with the scoliosis surgery...
                            I dont know if that possible but "lets say..."
                            Last edited by Spyros; 02-05-2013, 06:32 PM.

Comment

yes I have read it again.. how much do you think this man may reduce your curve?

Comment

Working...
                              X