3.5 months post-op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by king14 View Post
    Lets start with my lean... It's still there... Dr seems to think it will straighten over time... I'm still quite skeptical. So I avoid mirrors and tight clothing. Something that I thought was a thing of the past, but alas, here I am. What is good is that I am able to shift myself over (since I'm only fused to L1) when I do this... I look quite normal... So for short periods of time... I can "fake my straightness" as I like to call it.
    Pics are of me regular, and holding myself straight.
    Pain-- pain seems to have found me... Being painless before and after surgery, I thought I was a lucky one... Unfortunately it has caught up with me... Just between the shoulder blades. Aching, some shooting, burning, but mostly aching and quite uncomfortable. I think it's also the rainy cold weather.
    Plus side of surgery- I really don't feel limited in my flexibility because they were able to stop at L1- I feel really fortunate to have had the surgery now, instead of later with more levels fused.
    Overall- I'm sad about my overall appearance but I was sad about that before surgery so I seem to be back at square one. If it straightens out, awesome, if not, I'm not any worse off now then I was before...
    Just trying to get back to positive thinking.
    -sara

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1413[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]1412[/ATTACH]
    Hi Sara,

I am evaluating Dr. Bederman as a potential surgeon. My fusion will be from the sacrum with pelvic fixation to T4. Do you have any information you would be willing to share about Dr. Bederman.

Thank you!

Scojo

Comment

Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
      Hope you and yours have a merry Christmas
      Hi Mabeckoff,

I see from you signature that Dr. Bederman was your surgeon. Would you kindly share your experience with him? He is one of the surgeons I am evaluating for my case which is a sacrum (with pelvic fixation) to t4 fusion for my scoliosis.

Thanks!

Scojo

Comment

Scojo, I don't think Melissa comes to the forum any more. But I can tell you she held Dr. Bederman in very high esteem.
        Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
        Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
        T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
        Osteotomies and Laminectomies
        Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
          Scojo, I don't think Melissa comes to the forum any more. But I can tell you she held Dr. Bederman in very high esteem.
          Thanks, Jennifer!

Comment

Is no news good news?

Hi Sara,
            I'm an occasional reader and an even less-frequent poster, but your story gave me a lot to think about. I hope you are doing well and after more time have continued to straighten!
            Emily, 43
            approx 50 T, 36 T/L

Comment

Working...
            X