Corticosteroid Injections to spine, consider if suggested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you know what...
    i am NOT impressed...with your supposed medical credentials.
    i doubt many on here are...
    i do not need to "let go" of anything...
    in the future, any warnings about anything i have experienced,
    no matter how horrendous, i will simply not direct to any of your
    many many many many threads or posts

jess
    Last edited by jrnyc; 12-23-2012, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
      you know what...
      i am NOT impressed...with your supposed medical credentials that
      you seem so determined to prove to the mere lay people on forum...
      i doubt many on here are...
      i do not need to "let go" of anything...
      in the future, any warnings about anything i have experienced,
      no matter how horrendous, i will simply not direct to any of your
      many many many many threads or posts

jess
      Sorry if you are offended, that is never my intention. I have never been known as a medical professional that puts people down or belittles their opinion. In fact, just the opposite. I value your opinion and thoughts. They have as much validity as mine, not less. I am not out to prove anything to you or to the forum or to anyone, just giving my opinion, sharing any expertise that I have professionally or through reading the medical research literature and sharing my own unique experience with adult degenerative scoliosis. If you chose not to respond to my questions or comments, that is your choice. You are right, I do have many comments and thoughts right now [recently] as I am struggling a lot with pain and indecision about surgery which may happen soon. I need this forum and it's support, so I will continue to ask questions and reach out to others. Without this forum, I feel so alone with my uncertainty and it is scary to me. I am grateful for friends on this forum [almost all that I have never met]. Susan
      PS: If you have any further problems with my entries and need to send your personal criticism about me, I suggest that you not waste everyone elses's time talking about your personal feeling about me and my comments and send me a PM. I promise to courteously respond to you and thank you for sharing your opinion. I will not respond again on the forum concerning your opinions of my blog entries or my medical condition.
      Last edited by susancook; 12-23-2012, 04:02 AM.
      Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
      2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
      2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
      2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
      2018: Removal L4,5 screw
      2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

i did not have a "problem" with your entry, nor did i waste anyone on forum's time any more than you had a problem, or wasted forum
        member's time when you wrote that injected steroids would certainly stay localized.
        i did not get any more personally critical in my comments than
        you did in yours, when you accused people of "crucifying"
        the treatment.
        i did not express any more personal feelings about you than when you told me
        "you can let go of this one. let go"
        but if you fear my posts on open forum, i can stop writing posts
        to your threads.

jess
        Last edited by jrnyc; 12-23-2012, 03:54 AM.

Comment

So-o-o-o-o-o, if your problem is vertebral stenosis you might consider a sterid inj. It is a bandaid therapy. I am leaving shortly to go to the DMV to re-register my car. I wouldn't have even think about the lines last week! Today, it's OK. I feel awesome and even put on some cute earrings, perfume, and new clothes today!

Susan[/QUOTE]

Bully for you!
          Traction at 13, body cast 1 mos., Milwaukee, first plastic (severe allergy, abdomen skin burst, watery) then leather. Harrington Rod @ 15, 9 mos body cast, hips up. 9 more mos being careful and protective. Degenerated disc C4-5 I think well above the rod. Degenerated disc below the rod now? Probably.

Comment

Working...
          X