No announcement yet.

Heidi's surgery with Dr. Lenke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all. Thanks for the reassurring words. Ok, i did not expect to be so sore after getting the central line. Not sure why I didn't but anyway it is not pleasant! I am doing well and in good spirits. Thank you in advance for continued prayers! Surgery in About 7 more hours.

Much love,
    Heidi
    Scheduled for surgery with Dr. Lenke Oct. 2012
    53*T 71*L
    Surgery 10/05/2012 T4-pelvis
    Correction: looks perfect! Will find out how perfect at future appointments

Comment

Heidi went into surgery at 8:35 this morning. Her sister, Kim, and husband, Scott, are at the hospital. The nurse has called Kim to let her know that Heidi is doing fine. The surgery is scheduled for 9 hours. As soon as I know more, I will update this page for everyone.

Tamena
      Diagnosed at age 12 with a double major curve

Braced till age 15

SSBOB T12-L2 Anterior age 34. (October 22,2012) Dr. Robert Gaines Jr. ( Columbia, MO)

Revision Surgery T2-Sacrum with Pelvic Fixation Prosterior age 35 (November 13,2013) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Revision Surgery L4/L5 due to BMP Complication age 36 (November 20,2014) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, Mo)

Revision Surgery due to broken rod scheduled for October 19, 2016 with Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Comment

Update on Heidi: the surgeon has started to put her new "hardware" in (steel rods and screws) and reports that things are going just fine.

Tamena

Braced till age 15

SSBOB T12-L2 Anterior age 34. (October 22,2012) Dr. Robert Gaines Jr. ( Columbia, MO)

Revision Surgery T2-Sacrum with Pelvic Fixation Prosterior age 35 (November 13,2013) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Revision Surgery L4/L5 due to BMP Complication age 36 (November 20,2014) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, Mo)

Revision Surgery due to broken rod scheduled for October 19, 2016 with Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Comment

Thanks, Tamena. Keep us posted! I'll be checking in periodically throughout the day.

Prayers,
          Evelyn
          age 48
          80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
          Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
          Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
          Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
          Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

Heidi is doing great, came through surgery like a champ, picture of her spine is amazing, so grateful for a successful day!!!! Yaaayyyy!!!
            Prayers for a quick recovery!
            Tamena

Braced till age 15

Comment

Wonderful news!
              Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
              Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
              T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
              Osteotomies and Laminectomies
              Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Fantastic

I'm so happy to hear!!! Fantastic news. Keep us posted

Comment

excited for you!

I'm so glad to hear that your surgery went well.
                  44 years old, right thoracic curve 63 degrees, thoracolumbar major curve 75 degrees, thoracic kyphosis 39 degrees.

Comment

Yay!!!!! Thanks, Tamena.
                    age 48
                    80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
                    Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
                    Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
                    Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
                    Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

So happy for the great news!

So glad to get the good report that all went well and now it is all over! Will keep you in my prayers for a great recovery.
                      Jane

Comment

Heidi is doing really good. She was moved to a room today. Her sister posted her X-ray on her Facebook page and she has joined the other side wt a beautiful straight spine! They had to break some of the vertebra's to straighten the spine straight. But keep praying for recovery!
                        Tamena

Braced till age 15

Comment

Thanks for the update Tamena. Please tell her we are thinking of her and glad she is doing so well.

Pam
                          Pam, age 49
                          Thoracolumbar curves 80 and 40 corrected to 20 degrees
                          April 20, 2012 surgery with Dr. Lenke
                          T-3 to sacrum

Comment

So glad that everything went well. Breaking ribs in surgery must hurt afterwards!
                            My thoughts and prayers for a great recovery from FIJI.
                            Pls post xrays as I am not on her facebook.
                            HUGS, Susan
                            Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
                            2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
                            2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
                            2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
                            2018: Removal L4,5 screw
                            2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

I am glad to hear Heidi is doing so well. We'll be anxious to see her x-rays of her new, straight back.
                              Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
                              Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
                              70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
                              Rib Hump-GONE!
                              Age-60 at the time of surgery
                              Now 66
                              Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
                              Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
                              Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
                              Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
                              tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
                              http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Thank you Tamena for keeping up to speed on Heidi. Still saying prayers for her recovery. I remember my first day out of surgery. Please remind her that it gets better every day....it truly does.
                                Discovered scoliosis when 15 years old.
                                Wore Milwaulkee Brace for 1.5 years.
                                Top curve 85 degrees, bottom curve 60 degrees

Surgery completed August 23, 2011 (during an earthquake, can you believe that?)
                                Dr. Charles Edwards, II
                                The Spine Center at Mercy Hospital in Baltimore, MD
                                Before and after xrays:
                                http://www.valley-designs.com/myspine

Comment

Working...
                                X