Heidi's surgery with Dr. Lenke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heidi, that is great...
    so glad both you and hannah are feeling so much better at 4 weeks...
    hope each of you improve a little every day....

jess...& Sparky

Comment

• Thanks Jess. Talked with Angie today.. i am four weeks post op today. Cutting oit last of oxycotin tonight and cutting down on colace and senna. I am so happy to be off the narcotics. They truly made me crazy! Hannah.... dont know how i missed you on here. Everyday that goes by i get better and stronger. Its been tough though
      Scheduled for surgery with Dr. Lenke Oct. 2012
      53*T 71*L
      Surgery 10/05/2012 T4-pelvis
      Correction: looks perfect! Will find out how perfect at future appointments

Comment

• bum leg?

For those of you who have had surgery...
        My right leg is much weaker then my left. For example, when I climb stairs I have to start with my left leg because it is hard to lift right leg. when getting in and out of car it is extremely difficult to lift right leg up and into car.
        From my right hip to middle of thigh it feels bruised if I touch it. It looks normal. It also tingles. I am assuming it is nerve damage and will heal on it's own and maybe that is what is causing my leg to be so weak?
        When I asked about the bruised/tingling feeling they said that it is probably nerves. Has anyone else had this and did it go away.
        I am thinking that I will probably need Physical Therapy for this. I think it may be too early though.
        thanks,
        Heidi
        Scheduled for surgery with Dr. Lenke Oct. 2012
        53*T 71*L
        Surgery 10/05/2012 T4-pelvis
        Correction: looks perfect! Will find out how perfect at future appointments

Comment

• Heidi,
          My left feels the same way. It feels weak and sensitive to touch along with the left side of my abdomen. I asked if I needed pt to regain strength yesterday and was assured it was from surgery and could take a while to build back up, but I guess everything in the spine is connected to every avenue of our body.
          Tamena
          Diagnosed at age 12 with a double major curve

Braced till age 15

SSBOB T12-L2 Anterior age 34. (October 22,2012) Dr. Robert Gaines Jr. ( Columbia, MO)

Revision Surgery T2-Sacrum with Pelvic Fixation Prosterior age 35 (November 13,2013) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Revision Surgery L4/L5 due to BMP Complication age 36 (November 20,2014) Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, Mo)

Revision Surgery due to broken rod scheduled for October 19, 2016 with Dr. Michael Kelly (St. Louis, MO)

Comment

• Heidi,

They will probably tell you nerves may have been stretched or manipulated during surgery, and that can take a long time to heal (months). It's my understanding they won't even think about PT until after 3 months. (That's what Naomi told me.)

I did not have the weakness thing, but I know I've read about others who have, and I believe most people have seen improvement over time. If you're worried, though, I wouldn't hesitate to give Kelly a call.

Best,
            Evelyn
            age 48
            80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
            Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
            Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
            Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
            Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

Working...
            X