Neck pain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck pain?

Well I had my surgrey like a month ago and I would have pain in my trapeizus muscle (which I figured out it was because of my head position) but like a nite or two ago I was trying to fix the way I was lying down and I heard a crack in my neck(around t1-t2) now it's a little pinching from time to time its like a mixture or pinching and soreness on my bone/muscle

What could've happened? I don't want to worry my
    Parents.

And also from time to time my
    Left shoulder would tense up sometimes causing like a burning sensation (it was also like that before the surgery)

Kat

Kat,
    I haven't had surgery, but I will tell you my experience. I had Botox injections in my left upper trapezius. This lowered my shoulder. I got horrible pain down my arm and numbness in my arm for the rest of the day. The pain lasted for several weeks. When I talked to my doctor about it, he said it was because my anatomy was reconfigured by weakening that muscle. In return it put stress on other muscles that weren't used to the new configuration. Then it occurred to my why my scoliosis doctor told me I wouldn't be able to raise my arms after surgery. I told my doctor that if just this little bit caused such a big result (or something to that effect), then how much more a surgery would cause that kind of pain. He said to me, "That's putting it mildly!"

So this could be the adjustment of your body to its new straight alignment. However, if it is causing you a lot of pain or there is worrisome cracking or ANYTHING that worries/bothers you, you should tell your parents and your doctor. They don't have to panic, but it won't hurt to tell them what's going on. Then you can let the doctor decide if it's something to worry about.

I hope you get to feeling better soon. =)
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

Comment

Working...
    X