No announcement yet.

Kats surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to a children's hospital but I won't say which one cuz I dont want to give away my location

Comment

Originally posted by Kat3573 View Post
      I went to a children's hospital but I won't say which one cuz I dont want to give away my location
      Why can't you tell us which hospital you are in?
      Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
        Kids should never give away their location. Kat is being smart.
        Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
        Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
          Please never ask kids personal questions on a public forum. By the way, it doesn't matter which hospital it is.
          Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
          Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Sorry I did not realize that children should not give out their hospital location.
            Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

No problem...I just thought about sending you some flowers and a card because I think that you have such a great attitude.
              So, just my best thoughts for a speedy recovery and fast healing so that you can get back to doing all of those cool things that your friends are doing.
              My best
              Susan
              Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
              2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
              2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
              2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
              2018: Removal L4,5 screw
              2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Kat,
                It's great to hear that you are doing well. I think you are well above your years to say that there are more painful things than your surgery. I don't know if that is true or not. I rate pain by my unsedated c-section. That was a 10! Your surgery will hopefully be the most pain you will ever have. I hope you are able to keep it under control. I would ask for pain meds if you think it was around a 3 or 4. A 3 or 4 is tolerable, but pain is better controlled when you get at it BEFORE it gets out of hand. Once it is above a 5 it can be very difficult to get back down. It's okay to take the pain meds for now.

I know a young lady that had surgery at 16. She said it took a good six months to feel better. Don't let that be a discouragement to you. Everyone is different AND had you waited until you were middle aged it could have taken as long as two YEARS. So keep up doing what you are supposed to do. You seem feisty enough that you will probably heal faster anyway.

Gentle hugs to you!

Oh, how much did you "grow"? I'll bet it feels pretty strange to be suddenly tall! =)
                Be happy!
                We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                but we are alive today!

Comment

Aww that is so sweet Susan but I'm not in the hospital anymore and I'm not planning to give my house address to anyone especially over the Internet but don't be offended I'm just trying to prevent a preventable scenario

To me a ten is being amputated without anesthesia and I'm pretty sure my pain is nothing compared to it

Now a days my pain stay around 1-4 and it's only been two weeks! I feel much better already that's for sure!I don't even take my pain meds anymore! Only and hour before a car ride somewhere just incase
                  Gentle hugs back

I've never met such a nice group of people over the Internet

You guys are amazing!!

Love you all
                  Kat
                  Last edited by Kat3573; 08-21-2012, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Oh I gained 2.5 inches
                    My curve in the end was 60*

Comment

Wonderful!

You must be thrilled Kat. You're doing great.
                      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Oh I gained 2.5 inches
                        My curve in the end was 60*
                        Wow! Your curve progressed very rapidly. You must have gone through a growth spurt. How small is your curve now? Just curious. Two and a half inches is a LOT! I'm glad to hear that your pain is so minimal and only two weeks out. You are a super trooper!
                        Be happy!
                        We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                        but we are alive today!

Comment

Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
                          Wow! Your curve progressed very rapidly. You must have gone through a growth spurt. How small is your curve now? Just curious. Two and a half inches is a LOT! I'm glad to hear that your pain is so minimal and only two weeks out. You are a super trooper!
                          It's like 5* now

Comment

Aww that is so sweet Susan but I'm not in the hospital anymore and I'm not planning to give my house address to anyone especially over the Internet but don't be offended I'm just trying to prevent a preventable scenario

To me a ten is being amputated without anesthesia and I'm pretty sure my pain is nothing compared to it

Now a days my pain stay around 1-4 and it's only been two weeks! I feel much better already that's for sure!I don't even take my pain meds anymore! Only and hour before a car ride somewhere just incase
                            Gentle hugs back

I've never met such a nice group of people over the Internet

You guys are amazing!!

Love you all
                            Kat
                            I love your attitude and wish you the best!
                            Susan
                            Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
                            2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
                            2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
                            2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
                            2018: Removal L4,5 screw
                            2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Working...
                            X