Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our daughter's success story! 46 Cobb at age 14 improved 1/3, 2 years later.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our daughter's success story! 46 Cobb at age 14 improved 1/3, 2 years later.

Our daughter had a severe scoliosis 46 Cobb at age 14, and we were told in the US that there is absolutely no alternative treatment for her spine at her age besides surgery. We were devastated, but didn't give up. We found out about Dr Weiss, and took her immediately to Germany for a consultation on December of 2010. Dr. Weiss recommended a brace and psysical therapy. We spent 5 days at his clinic waiting for her brace. During that time, she had 2 sessions, 1 hour and 1/2 each psyhical therapy when she learned the Schroth method. Dr Weiss told us she has to wear her brace 23h a day, and she pretty much did. She also did physical therapy for a 1/2 hour almost every day. The brace was very comfortable. We bought her new tops and she covered it very well. Nobody knew that she was wearing a brace. She is also a ballerina. She continued dancing every day. That was the only time when she took her brace off. It wasn't easy, but she was motivated to get her back straight, avoid surgery and continue dancing. We went back to Germany for check-ups every six months. Now, after 1 year and 8 months her back improved 1/3, it looks straight, no back pain and most important she doesn't need surgery anymore! The overall experience was fantastic. The trips to Germany were not cheap, but way cheaper than surgery! Everybody we met was so dedicated and professional. We could't be happier. Thank you, Dr Weiss and team.

I understand you means that last x-ray (with the spine in a normal position, without stretching it) was around 30°. Fantastic! I have heard before about a similar case with Schroth..
    Anyway, I believe that until growth will be absolutely finished (and even some years more) the treatment and controls should not be discarded.

Comment

Correct!

She is almost 16 now, she is still wearing her brace 16h a day, and does physical therapy. she'll wear her brace for a while but less hours. we are so thrilled! her back looks so straight too.

Comment

would love to hear update about her status

Originally posted by Daci View Post
        Correct!

She is almost 16 now, she is still wearing her brace 16h a day, and does physical therapy. she'll wear her brace for a while but less hours. we are so thrilled! her back looks so straight too.
        I'm considering similar treatemnt, sounded very much like what your daughter has. would you send me Dr. Weiss's info? where
        can I find him? don't mind have to fly to Germany.

thanks!
        62/75 (T4-T9 68 degree & T11 - L4 80 degree) 10/19/2010
        45/50 year 2000
        36 yrs old
        Considering, researching surgery for the first time
        S. California
        http://s1210.photobucket.com/albums/...ashionista889/

Comment

I would like to hear an update also. Unfortunately these types of posts are rarely if ever updated. Only one parent comes back every year to update the group to his great credit (though he is overdue now). We can't even get people who were regular posters to update their kid's cases. For this poster, it may have been written by a Schroth practitioner and not an actual person. That is my guess.
          Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
          Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
          X