He things that I dance alot and I need to be able to move my hips
    Like bellydancing, meringue, salsa

Like this kind of dancing

Comment

Originally posted by Kat3573 View Post
      He things that I dance alot and I need to be able to move my hips
      Like bellydancing, meringue, salsa

Like this kind of dancing
      Your fusion won't affect that. It ends too high.
      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
        Your fusion won't affect that. It ends too high.
        Oh u made me feel soo much better! Although I prefer it ends up to T12

What should I bring at the hospital
        In bringing
        Blankets
        Chapstick

That's about it
        Anything else?

Comment

Idk why but now it hit now the idea of a major change in my body it sorta scares me becuz good or bad it will stay/be like that and I won't have a normal flexible back

Comment

Originally posted by Kat3573 View Post
            Idk why but now it hit now the idea of a major change in my body it sorta scares me becuz good or bad it will stay/be like that and I won't have a normal flexible back
            It could be a lot worse. You are lucky to only have a thoracic curve.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

What should i bring to the hospital

Comment

I just wanted to say that you must be a very smart young lady! You will do very well at whatever you decide to do in life, including this surgery!!!

I look forward to reading about your surgery.

Bring your great attitude and sense of humor to the hospital. Chapstick, your favorite blanket, your favorite stuffed animal or whatever you have on your bed that you like to snuggle with, chapstick [of course!], a camera to take pictures, and the usual stuff like: comb, brush, toothbrush, fav lotion, slippers. Hospitals have gowns and robes.

Susan
                Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
                2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
                2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
                2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
                2018: Removal L4,5 screw
                2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Wow, Kat. I'm just catching up on your thread. That is a quick surgery date! Be glad it is sooner than later. That way you won't stress over it for as long. ANY time you are faced with surgery for any reason it is nerve wracking. Remember, this is what you wanted. Just think, you had 6* of progression IN BRACE and in a short time. You seem to have an aggressive curve. I'm glad that you are getting it taken care of. Linda Racine has a list of things that are helpful to bring to the hospital. If you have a laptop, I would bring that so you can watch movies, get on the internet (and let us know how you are doing - wink, wink!) You might want an i-pod if you are into music. IF you are having periods, you'll want to bring stuff for that. I've heard of women starting their period from the stress of surgery. BUT the fortunate thing for you is that you have your parents there. You can't forget them! They can go and get anything you forgot or think of that you want! =0) Kids have a MUCH easier time than adults. If/when I ever get fused, I'll be having the same levels done (maybe one higher) so I'll be asking YOU for advice! How's that for a turn of events?! We're all thinking of you! Pass the time by keeping busy. Get as much fun out of your summer as possible. Maybe your family can go on vacation! That would be nice. I know if one of my kids asked me to do something like that, I'd probably go out on a limb to go somewhere, even if I didn't have a lot of money. Keep us posted. ((((HUGS))))
                  Be happy!
                  We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                  but we are alive today!

Comment

Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
                    Remember, this is what you wanted.
                    No. Nobody wants surgery. Some people like Kat and my daughters need it though.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
                      No. Nobody wants surgery. Some people like Kat and my daughters need it though.
                      I didn't mean it in that sense. I meant it in the sense that Kat thought, and rightly so, that surgery was the best treatment option for her. Apologies if offense was taken. =(
                      Be happy!
                      but we are alive today!

Comment

Don't worry no offense was taken of course I want surgery becuz I need surgery

Idk if I'll have the energy to keep u guys updated but i will try..pinky swear lol

Haha don't worry I won't mind helping u guys!! U were there for me so y shouldn't I be there to u!

U guys r like my base, scadolffing, pilar, support, etc

(((HUGS EVERYONE)))

Comment

Yes we r going on vacation next week! They said enjoy ur time and do everything and anything that u want nowadays
                          This will proabaly be he best summer!

Comment

Yay! Enjoy your summer!
                            Be happy!
                            but we are alive today!

Comment

Enjoy your vacation! You have a BIG team on your side wishing you the best. You sound like you have a lot of energy. You will do well in the surgery and will heal quickly so you can be with your friends. I bet that you are educating your friends about scoliosis! Keep us posted on how you are doing and we can't wait to see a picture of you smiling after your crooked back is straight!!!!!!
                              Susan PS: Please let us know YOUR suggestions for being in the hospital after your surgery.
                              Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
                              2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
                              2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
                              2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
                              2018: Removal L4,5 screw
                              2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Originally posted by susancook View Post
                                Enjoy your vacation! You have a BIG team on your side wishing you the best. You sound like you have a lot of energy. You will do well in the surgery and will heal quickly so you can be with your friends. I bet that you are educating your friends about scoliosis! Keep us posted on how you are doing and we can't wait to see a picture of you smiling after your crooked back is straight!!!!!!
                                Susan PS: Please let us know YOUR suggestions for being in the hospital after your surgery.
                                Thanks guys! I guess I do have a big team!

It's so funny how people know stuff about me and I dont tell them it

I Promise I will give my suggestions

Comment

Working...
                                X