HELP Questions for Revision Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Questions for Revision Surgery & crying

I'm confused about forum so when I wrote this "PS: I'm jealous, I want to go back to work too!pss: can you send again the rooms URS to ..." I also do not know what I was meaning to say. Sorry all. Reneetina
    60 yrs old did scuba,lift & work. Miss all.
    1st t surgery,28 years. L4/5 fusion
    2nd surgery 10-19; went from 2 80%+ curves to 20% + 30%.T4-S1,38 screws (loose & angled wrong), 15 fusions many fusions did not take,& horrific had/have(?) infection.
    Lot of pain.

Comment

Help Questions for Revision Surgery & crying

Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
      Hello, again.
      To reply, just go to the bottom of the thread and click on the blue button on the left that states, "+ Reply to Thread". That way you can keep your other thread going, since this is the same topic. If you go back to your other thread, Linda Racine gave you some very good doctors to choose from. I had sent her a private message asking her to respond to you, not that she wouldn't have anyway. She is probably one of the most helpful on the forum because she is a scoliosis patient who has had surgery and revision surgery AND she works with spine orthos. You will eventually get the hang of how to use the forum. I'm still figuring things out after over a year. Best wishes.
      Hi rohrer01: what's 1st name? Don't know if I thanked you for help on this & other emails. Im very bad on forum so, like others, can we email directly? My email is peacfulgal@roadrunner.com if you don't mind. Very complicated revision,& scared so my mind is all over place! I thought I went to good Dr. but he wasn't concerned about rehab vs nursing home & that is what messed me up to begin with; anyway hope is all well with you. Reneetina
      2nd surgery 10-19; went from 2 80%+ curves to 20% + 30%.T4-S1,38 screws (loose & angled wrong), 15 fusions many fusions did not take,& horrific had/have(?) infection.
      Lot of pain.

Comment

help questions for Revision Surgery & crying

Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
        Hi...

I'm not clear on what you want. Everyone can see your questions on this thread. Did you want to start another thread? If so (and I don't encourage it), you can go here:

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/newth...newthread&f=92

And, what do you means by "rooms URS"?
        Hi. a question. Can I thank a person in thread privately & how?
        thanks. Reneetina
        Lot of pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Reneetina View Post
          Hi. a question. Can I thank a person in thread privately & how?
          thanks. Reneetina
          If you click on their name , you can send them a PM

Melissa
          Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Originally posted by Reneetina View Post
            Hi (last post not supposed to be)-About my apt Thurs.I'm adding:Revision not only complicated but maybe impossible also many fusions did not take. Since screws put in wrong, every time I move they move & he may not be able to find any new areas for them since some holes too long or wrong places/angles he added issue about problem with what to close the old holes with. Also,he has to add 4 levels not 2. My concern ab rehab/nursing remains same since my hubby can't take care of my any longer; so I have to go into this as if I live alone w/no $ for caregivers.. Sorry about the redo & thanks for listening & any remarks? Reneetina
            100 best spine surgeons in America

http://beckersorthopedicandspine.com...sts-in-america

You need competent help and you need it soon. Get the surgery you need if you can get it and worry about rehab after that.

Dr. Lenke only takes complex cases these days. I would try to get in with him if I were you.

Lawrence G. Lenke, MD (Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis). Dr. Lenke is the co-director of the adult and pediatric scoliosis and reconstructive spinal surgery program at Washington University as well as a professor of neurological surgery and orthopedic surgery. He sees patients at St. Louis Children's Hospital and Shriners Hospital for Children, also in St. Louis. He has clinical interests in pediatric and adult spine deformities, scoliosis, kyphosis and post-traumatic orthopedic spine conditions, among others. He has authored several publications, with his latest on the male-female differences in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis, featured in Spine. He earned his medical degree from Northwestern University in Chicago and completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at Washington University School of Medicine, where he also received fellowship training in adult and pediatric spinal surgery.
            Good luck.
            Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
            Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

By the way, I think you should consider that maybe your problem now is finding the best spine salvage surgeon and NOT necessarily the best scoliosis surgeon. The most experienced spine salvage surgeon may have more tricks to fix you than even experienced scoliosis surgeons who might do less revisions than a salvage surgeon. You may not find an SRS surgeon who will do the surgery but you may find another spine surgeon experienced in revisions.

I don't know. I am throwing things out there to try to help.

Focus on finding the surgery you obviously need. Forget your husband and rehab and anything extraneous. That's what I would do.
              Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
              Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Help me please!!!

Going to see Dr. Bederman on Wed. Hope it brings good news, will let you know. Will start 1 main thread & get rid of rest, easier of all of us! Take care all & thanks for input. Reneetina
                Lot of pain.

Comment

Help Questions for Revision Surgery

Sharon (thanks for URL's) & all: Saw Dr. Bederman yesterday & he is as great as Melissa said. Can't write everything down now as I recorded it & must re-listen. He was very detailed, gave me 2 hrs & 3 options from easy to rebreaking entire spine. I know I mentioned redoing a main thread with everything & stopping all others. Less confusing! Can you help me suggest names so it'll catch peoples eyes? Thanks. Reneetina Hope to have all done by MONDAY.
                  Lot of pain.

Comment

Help Questions for Revision Surgery

Saw Dr. Bederman & he is as great as Melissa said. Can't write down everything as he was detailed & gave me 3 big options! I recorded it all & must re-listen then I'll put it in 1 main thread; can you help me suggest any ideas for a good name for it that will catch peoples eyes? Hope it will be easier on Linda too since it will only be 1.Hopefully it will be done by MON.Thanks Reneetina
                    Lot of pain.

Comment

Sounds like you got some good information at your consultation. You don't need to worry about a special thread title. How about calling it simply "Appt with Dr. Bederman." We all know how great Dr. B. has been with Melissa and will want to read it.
                      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

help questions

Good idea! Can you help a non geek? How does one edit a post? like where do you go? & how do you remove a post you don't want. Eyes are bad so hard to get around forum. Mucho thanks. Reneetina thanks
                        Lot of pain.

Comment

Have a look at the bottom of your post Reneetina, on the right hand side. "Edit Post" is there. Not sure how you delete a post.
                          Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                          Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                          T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                          Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                          Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

HI ALL: Please use AFter Extensive Surgery until I get my Brand New 1x thread started. My arthritis has hindered me in finishing it in time. But at least there will be only 1 now. saw Dr Bederman & will tell you all about it. Very confused he gave me 3 options from good to very scary.Reneetina
                            Lot of pain.

Comment

Thank you for responding about the now 'closed' threads. Please give me more time getting Dr. Bederman's info. together as my fibromyalgia & arthritis has been acting up badly. Its hard to go to PT which the Dr. wants (me too). I promise I will try to have the new thread done soon. After that, I'll have some info from Dr. Bederman in the new Thread. Easier on Linda too! OH....I now have fatback if not mentioned before. Renee (you can drop the tina if you choose)
                              Lot of pain.

Comment

Working...
                              X