for all my fellow gym rats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for all my fellow gym rats

Hi has anyone attempted a spin class? if so how did it go? Im back at the gym and taking it slowly (as much as I can for me) I went on a spin bike today and loved it and just want to know if anyone else has gone back to it. Thanks for any input

Sarahcant
    Surgery March 15
    Dr. Errico NYU
    Fused T-3 to S-1
    an inch and change taller
    nice and straight
    49 years old (yikes)

Sarah,
    I took spinning classes before my surgery and liked the workout. I am going to ask about the arc trainer, elliptical, and spinning classes when I go for my year check up. I am older and will probably be told to start off with the elliptical or arc trainer. I was told by Dr. Lenke's physical therapist to wait a year to even try them. I like my water aerobics classes, but I miss working up a good old sweat when exercising.
    Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
    Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
    70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
    Rib Hump-GONE!
    Age-60 at the time of surgery
    Now 66
    Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
    Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
    Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
    Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
    tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
    http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Spinning

Hi Sarah!

I started spinning in 2005. Twice a week. I started back at 8 weeks post op. I only did 15 minutes to start and slowly, oh so slowly, worked up from there. As of two weeks ago, I am back to a full one hour spin class. I did sit bolt upright at first and was very careful to start leaning forward on the bars and for the past four weeks or so have been standing and spinning. I LOVE spinning and was eager to get back to it. I've been to PT for three months and my therapist encouraged me to do the spin class.

I've just been to the doctor for my six month follow up and he has okayed me to start running again. Slowly, oh so slowly : )

Go for it!!!
      50 years old!!!!!
      Wore Milwaulkee Brace 1976-77
      Original curve 36 degrees ( measured in the 70s)
      Advanced to 61 degrees 01/2011
      Surgery 07/11/2011
      Fused T1-L2 (curve now in the 20s!)

Comment

Thanks girls I have gone back to the gym and done mostly everything I used to on the machines, but I was a spin addict before my surgery glad to hear what I thought was true go back sllloowwwly.!! Thanks for the input good luck everyone
        Sarahcant
        Surgery March 15
        Dr. Errico NYU
        Fused T-3 to S-1
        an inch and change taller
        nice and straight
        49 years old (yikes)

Comment

Working...
        X