newbie here - 14y.o. son with congenital scoli, w/hemivertebrae

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie here - 14y.o. son with congenital scoli, w/hemivertebrae

Our 14 y.o. son was just diagnosed with a 34 degree scoliosis curve. His right shoulder sits about 4-5 inches higher than his left. The xrays show a triangular shaped hemivertebrae at the T4-T5. Because this happened at the same time the kidneys and heart, our doctor is having that checked out.

We visited the spine surgeon in Louisville, KY (at the Leatherman Spine Clinic) two days ago. My son is experiencing no pain or neurological effects, thankfully. We are going to do the "watch and monitor" right now, having new xrays and evaluation in three months. We're hoping the progression won't continue as he continues to grow - he's only 5'6" right now.

Any advice, encouragement, recommendations, etc....we're all ears...I hope to learn a LOT from all of you.
    thanks....
    blessings..robin

14 y.o. son diagnosed 11/2011 with congenital scoliosis, hemivertibrae, T3-T4, with 34 degree curve.

Hi Robin,

I replied to you on your other thread.

Keep posting and let us know how things are going.
    Gayle, age 50
    Oct 2010 fusion T8-sacrum w/ pelvic fixation
    Feb 2012 lumbar revision for broken rods @ L2-3-4
    Sept 2015 major lumbar A/P revision for broken rods @ L5-S1

mom of Leah, 15 y/o, Diagnosed '08 with 26* T JIS (age 6)
    2010 VBS Dr Luhmann Shriners St Louis
    2017 curves stable/skeletely mature

also mom of Torrey, 12 y/o son, 16* T, stable

Comment

thanks...

Leah's mom...
      thanks for taking time to reply.
      I will find your reply on the other thread.
      I'm sorry for posting in three different locations, but I wanted to make sure I was reaching out to as many different folks as possible. I know it's not possible for everyone to read every posting, so I figured if at least one person saw our situation - I would be lucky (and eVER so grateful)....
      so thank you!!

blessings..robin

14 y.o. son diagnosed 11/2011 with congenital scoliosis, hemivertibrae, T3-T4, with 34 degree curve.

Comment

Working...
      X