No announcement yet.

Surgery with Dr. Lenke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you are in my prayer that all will go well tomorrow and that your recovery goes well
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• Doreen,
      I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, although I won't be up as bright and early as you will be! You are in good hands. Everything will be fine! I just remember waking up in recovery and asking for a Diet Coke!!! Can't wait to hear that you are on the other side!!
      Kathy

P.S. I also had my central line put in on a Friday for Monday surgery, so I know what you are dealing with. As I understand it, Dr. Lenke likes to have the central line put in under floroscopy down in the x-ray department.
      Kathy
      46 yrs at surgery, now 50
      71 degree thoracolumbar curve corrected to 34 degrees
      8/2/2010 surgery with Dr. Lenke

posterior T9 to sacrum with pelvic fixation

4 osteotomies and 1 cage
      http://s1066.photobucket.com/albums/...athK_08022010/

Comment

• Wishing you all the best!

Hi Doreen,

I just wanted to add that I'll be thinking of you too, and hoping all goes smoothly and according to plan. You'll do great, I'm sure! You have a wonderful, positive attitude and many of us here rooting for you!

Take care,

Lisa

Comment

• THANK YOU EVERYONE! :-) I am so thankful for this group and the comfort/insight/experiences shared by everyone. I've been posting a lot in my blog in hopes that my journey may be of help/comfort to someone in the future. I made a big mistake this morning when hubby was trying to help me put a shirt on and I suddenly learned that I cannot raise my right arm above shoulder height due to the central line. That was a bit painful to say the least. I'm getting antsy and just want this over and done, tired of waiting, and tired of being in pain.

Since I have hypoglycemia, the anesthesiology nurse told me to eat a sandwich tonite at 10p with a lot of meat to help stabilize my blood sugar during the evening. Hubby is such a sweetheart because he just ate a small snack so he can eat his dinner with me at 10p. I've got to take a shower tonite and in the morning with the special soap I was given. It is so hard to comprehend that at this time tomorrow I'll be on the other side.

I'm really looking forward to taking my "special" nap tomorrow while Dr. Lenke works his magic. Dr. Lenke gave me a valium for this evening.

Warmly,
          Doreen
          44 years old at time of surgery, Atlanta GA

Pre-Surgery Thorasic: 70 degrees, Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 68 degrees, lost 4 inches of height in 2011
          Post-Surgery curves ~10 degrees, regained 4 inches of height

Posterior T3-sacrum & TLIF surgeries on Nov 28, 2011 with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis
          2 rods, 33 screws, 2 cages, 2 connectors, living a new life I never dreamed of!

http://thebionicachronicles.blogspot.com/

Comment

• good luck tomorrow, Doreen
            i hope the valium relaxes you tonite...
            wishing you smooth procedures tomorrow...
            and an uneventful recovery afterwards....

jess

Comment

• Wishing you a speedy recovery Doreen and a pain free future.
              Sally
              Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
              Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
              Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
              Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
              New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
              Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

• Wishing you the best tomorrow

Post when you can
                Ed
                49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
                Pre surgery curves T70,L70
                ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
                Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
                http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
                http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

• You'll join us on the other side tomorrow and then on to a smooth recovery. Best wishes and prayers for success!! Janet
                  Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
                  Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
                  Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
                  Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
                  T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

• Best wishes for a great success and an uneventful recovery, Doreen! I'll be looking out for news.
                    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• All the best, Doreen! My thoughts will be with you today.
                      50 years old!!!!!
                      Wore Milwaulkee Brace 1976-77
                      Original curve 36 degrees ( measured in the 70s)
                      Advanced to 61 degrees 01/2011
                      Surgery 07/11/2011
                      Fused T1-L2 (curve now in the 20s!)

Comment

• By the time you read this you will be on the other side . Praying for you Doreen. Btw I agree with you in the details from dr's. I had an icv filter and I was awake which was a surprise- didnt need that. Also didn't need to hear they have to go in thru my neck to remove it- all I can think about now. Some details r too much-You are not a ninny. . Happy eary Christmas! I'm so happy for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
                          In the last few months, it seems that insurance companies have really tightened down, and more and more surgeries are being denied. I don't remember that any of our scoliosis surgeries are getting denied, but I'm sure that will happen eventually. --Linda
                          Welcome to Obamacare!
                          http://www.ispine.org/forum/13439-post13.html

And unless there’s a regime change in Washington next year, I suspect many scoli surgeons will find themselves performing fewer and fewer surgeries when government run health care is in full swing. I’m sure glad I had my surgery when I did.

Doreen, wishing you a most successful surgery.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHRIS WBS View Post
                            Welcome to Obamacare!
                            http://www.ispine.org/forum/13439-post13.html

And unless there’s a regime change in Washington next year, I suspect many scoli surgeons will find themselves performing fewer and fewer surgeries when government run health care is in full swing. I’m sure glad I had my surgery when I did.

Doreen, wishing you a most successful surgery.
                            This post was reported as being offensive. Before this thread gets hijacked, I would like to remind everyone that politics, like religion, has no place on these forums. You can talk about healthcare without politicizing it.
                            Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                            Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

• Doreen's Updates (Not Out Yet, but all is good)

Hello, everyone. This is Jeremy, Doreen's husband. Just wanted to let you know that despite today being a long day, Doreen came in with great spirits and has done well. The surgery so far has gone as expected and my last update was that they are closing her up, waking her up, and moving her to recovery. I'll post again when I receive the final updates.

I've also been recording the day in detail on her blog (not published yet) and will make it public once I have the final update. I'll post the contents here as well so you can read about it. Thanks everyone!

Jeremy
                              44 years old at time of surgery, Atlanta GA

Pre-Surgery Thorasic: 70 degrees, Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 68 degrees, lost 4 inches of height in 2011
                              Post-Surgery curves ~10 degrees, regained 4 inches of height

Posterior T3-sacrum & TLIF surgeries on Nov 28, 2011 with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis
                              2 rods, 33 screws, 2 cages, 2 connectors, living a new life I never dreamed of!

http://thebionicachronicles.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Linda, just a heads up....your mailbox is full...

wonderful to hear that Doreen is done with surgery and the healing can begin...

jess

Comment

Working...
                                X