Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!

I am in desperate need of an answer....

Please could anyone wearing a brace let me know whether the long side of your brace that is near your armpit is on the side of you where your hip is sticking out more and you have more of a waist or whether it is on the side where you dont have a waist as your hip doesnt protrude at all. Another way of looking at it is if the long part by your armpit is on the side which your shoulder is higher on??

please please please reply as i think that my brace is wrong!! D: thank you so much for any replies or inboxes
    Last edited by opp or brace; 09-21-2011, 02:51 PM.

It sounds like your brace is a Cheneau style, which is what mine is too (the LA Brace). For me the tall part that sticks under my armpit is on my left side, which is my concave side, meaning the thoracic curves away from it creating a dent. So I also appear to have more of a waist on that side and my left front rib sticks forward. The high part of the brace helps to open up that concave collapsed space, and there should be plenty of room to expand your ribs on that side. The other side (for me the right side) is where my rib hump is. The brace is a little lower on this side, but applies a lot of pressure right on the rib hump area.

If you're worried that its not fitting right you should contact your orthotist. I had several fittings as I was adjusting to it.
    1993, Age 13, 53* Right T Curve w/ Left L compensatory
    2010, Age 30, 63* or 68* (depending on the doc) Right T Curve w/ Left L compensatory

http://livingtwisted.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mehera View Post
      It sounds like your brace is a Cheneau style, which is what mine is too (the LA Brace). For me the tall part that sticks under my armpit is on my left side, which is my concave side, meaning the thoracic curves away from it creating a dent. So I also appear to have more of a waist on that side and my left front rib sticks forward. The high part of the brace helps to open up that concave collapsed space, and there should be plenty of room to expand your ribs on that side. The other side (for me the right side) is where my rib hump is. The brace is a little lower on this side, but applies a lot of pressure right on the rib hump area.

If you're worried that its not fitting right you should contact your orthotist. I had several fittings as I was adjusting to it.
      Thank you so much for your comment I am now going for an appointment next week! this has really helped me hope your brace works and everything goes okay

Comment

Working...
      X