Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xrays attched, Sacroiliac joint dysfunction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xrays attched, Sacroiliac joint dysfunction?

I think my pain is coming from the sacroiliac joint. I recently viewed my xrays and saw a difference in the right and left side. I'm seeing a 10mm gap between the joint compaired to the other. What are your thoughts?
    Attached Files

i get injections in the sacroiliac joints every 3 months or so...it is the only thing that has
    ever helped my lower back pain...nothing else helped...not epidurals, not facet block, not
    nerve ablation, etc etc..
    maybe you could ask your doctor about it...
    i get the shots from pain management/surgeon...

hope you feel better
    jess

Comment

Hey Jess,

Do you have any xrays of your damaged joint, so I can see for comparison.

Thanks

Comment

sorry, i didn't get back to you sooner...dealing with doggie emergency..
        no, sorry i have no Xrays...
        my Xrays aren't on discs, just my MRi is on disc..

i do not know that my SI joints are "damaged"
        i have degenerative disc disease...i think that is contributing to the pain....
        also listhesis, hypokyphosis, spinal stenosis, spinal arthritis, & a few others i've
        forgotten....
        the SI joint injections were kinda a whim...nothing else worked...
        the doctor pressed on the SI joints, asked if it hurt, i said yes
        so we tried it...doctor didn't think it would work, because the joints are a ways
        away from my curves....
        but the relief is a blessing....
        i was ready to give up and opt for surgery....although there is NO guarantee
        that surgery will get rid of the pain....
        if there was, i would have been in the OR a long time ago!!

have you tried injections?
        have you discussed injecting the joints with your doctor?
        do you have a pain management doc?

jess

Comment

You need to figure out if there's a leg length discrepancy (there are special x-rays), or if you're holding your pelvis high on one side in response to a soft tissue injury. I wouldn't wear a shoe lift until that's figured out. The SIJ difference that you noted is really common.
          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
          Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

hi search
            i just read your previous posts....
            i did not see anything about how big your curves are...or if you
            have other problems with your spine....besides the pelvic tilt/leg length stuff you mentioned...
            when you say no one would know you have scoli by looking at you...
            well, i think that is true of many scoli people....
            no one knew i had scoli for years, when my curves were in the 30's and 40's...
            even now, with T42, L61, on a "good" day, most people can't tell....
            and i think my posture gets worse with my disc problems as much as with the curves...

i sent you a private message...

jess

Comment

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
              hi search
              i just read your previous posts....
              i did not see anything about how big your curves are...or if you
              have other problems with your spine....besides the pelvic tilt/leg length stuff you mentioned...
              when you say no one would know you have scoli by looking at you...
              well, i think that is true of many scoli people....
              no one knew i had scoli for years, when my curves were in the 30's and 40's...
              even now, with T42, L61, on a "good" day, most people can't tell....
              and i think my posture gets worse with my disc problems as much as with the curves...

i sent you a private message...

jess
              Jess... He doesn't have scoliosis. --Linda
              Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

thanks, Linda...
                i read his first post, and it says he is 26 and was diagnosed with scoliosis and a
                pelvic tilt and leg length discrepancy...so i assumed the scoli diagnosis was correct....
                i guess i mis read it....

thanks for the heads up...

jess

Comment

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
                  thanks, Linda...
                  i read his first post, and it says he is 26 and was diagnosed with scoliosis and a
                  pelvic tilt and leg length discrepancy...so i assumed the scoli diagnosis was correct....
                  i guess i mis read it....

thanks for the heads up...

jess
                  If the X-rays belong to the OP, I would say that the scoliosis diagnosis is incorrect, unless the curve is above the levels shown.

--Linda

Comment

re reading search and rescue's first ever forum post, it seems that the
                    doctor based the scoli diagnosis only on the pelvic tilt....
                    i cannot understand why a doctor would do that...sounds ignorant....
                    i looked at the X ray again, and i saw a slight tilt, but no curve, as you pointed out....

jess

Comment

After my recent MRI I have been told my pain is most likely due to 2 synovial cyst's on my spine. I'm going to stop investigating in to the SI joint issue until I get the injections the doc wants.

Comment

Working...
                      X