No announcement yet.

September 9th surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here are some other pictures of my house burned down house #1.jpgburned down house #2.jpgburned down house #2.jpgburned down house #4.jpgburned down house #5.jpg

Melissa
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
      Just an idea regarding the lost photos. The family home of my daughter's old school friend burnt down and they lost all their photos. My daughter tracked down all their old friends from school and everyone who had photos of Lauren, copied them and my daughter created a new album with no less than 26 photos taken during Lauren's childhood/teens. So all was not lost. I wonder if your daughter could contact old friends/neighbours/school mates and request copies of any photos of your family that they might have. You might be surprised at how many they come up with.

It'd be something nice your daughter could do for you which might also help to mend bridges.

How are you feeling Melissa?
      Good idea

I am actually feeling pretty good considering how my week started

Thanks for asking
      Melissa

Comment

• Originally posted by Susie*Bee View Post
        Melissa-- I've often thought that of all the "things" that one could lose in a fire (other than lives), it's the "memory" things that would hurt the most-- the pictures, treasured recipes, all the "family" items that can't be replaced. I feel heartbroken for you. I've known people who have lost their pictures and other treasures and the one thing I can tell you is that they move on. I'm sure it will be like any loss and you will grieve over them on and off for awhile. Life is more precious and you all escaped with that. The fire looked terrible. Remember the Lord is with you. And you have the memories of those things in your head even if you don't have them in your hands anymore. Hugs, Susie
        Yes the Lord is most definitely with me . He has plans for me that did not include living in that house the way it was. Everyone who knew me knew that that house was not my style but it came with 2 acres and it was the only house that we could afford that came with land. God is in charge.
        Melissa

Comment

• Melissa--
          You are being so brave through all of this. Those pictures just brought tears to my eyes; so grateful you weren't there! The loss of photos, etc. is hard but I think Jennifer has a great suggestion. I hope friends and family can come through for you. So many have photos on Facebook, computer files, etc. now. Of course, that doesn't help with old ones. Many school yearbooks, etc. have been scanned to sites now. My own little hometown newspaper has scanned in many, many years of complete yearbooks from high school. It's a thought. You are in my prayers daily. Janet
          Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
          Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
          Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
          Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
          T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doodles View Post
            Melissa--
            You are being so brave through all of this. Those pictures just brought tears to my eyes; so grateful you weren't there! The loss of photos, etc. is hard but I think Jennifer has a great suggestion. I hope friends and family can come through for you. So many have photos on Facebook, computer files, etc. now. Of course, that doesn't help with old ones. Many school yearbooks, etc. have been scanned to sites now. My own little hometown newspaper has scanned in many, many years of complete yearbooks from high school. It's a thought. You are in my prayers daily. Janet
            Thanks Janet for the prayers. They are great. I totally am letting God guide me thru this and I know that it will all turn out exactly how God wants it to be
            Melissa

Comment

• Melissa,

Those pictures are incredible. I was expecting to see damage to just a couple of rooms, not total devastation. You have a wonderful attitude that God apparently wants a different house for you. I pray that you will soon be blessed with that perfect house made just for you.

Donna
              Female - 49 yrs old at surgery
              Surgery 5/5/11 - Dr. Bridwell, St. Louis
              Fused T3-L3
              60 degree thoracic curve corrected to 30 degrees
              Tennis player & returning to the courts!
              http://s1050.photobucket.com/profile/walkingmom1/index

Comment

• Thanks Donna for your good wishes.

We were planning on going to the house to sift thru the garage to see if we can salvage anything but it is cold and raining here in CA. Just our luck
                Melissa

Comment

• I just found out that my best friend here in CA is taking a job in AZ. She will be back once a month to see her 2 daughters and her husband. She has been such a big help to me here. I will miss her lots
                  Melissa

Comment

• My DH and myself are off to meet with the architect this morning. The next step in a very long process
                    Melissa

Comment

• Yes, it will be, but you've made a quick start and I hope things progress the same way, with few hold ups and good decisions being made. How are you feeling?
                      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
                        Yes, it will be, but you've made a quick start and I hope things progress the same way, with few hold ups and good decisions being made. How are you feeling?

I am doing ok. My Right SI joint is very painful but I am off to see a different pain doctor Wednesday so hopefully he will help me

Thanks for asking.
                        Melissa

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                          I am doing ok. My Right SI joint is very painful but I am off to see a different pain doctor Wednesday so hopefully he will help me

Thanks for asking.
                          Good luck on Wednesday Melissa. Let us know how you go.
                          Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                          Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                          T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                          Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                          Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• Yes, Melissa, I hope you get some helpful info from the pain doctor tomorrow. Good luck. Janet
                            Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
                            Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
                            Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
                            Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
                            T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

• We are considering a trip to Alaska this summer. I am thinking of going whitewater rafting. Dr Bederman has given his OK if I feel that I could go. Any one gone rafting? I will be one year out in July
                              Melissa

Comment

• Dear Melissa- just read, hadn't been on in a week or so. Cannot believe all that you have gone through, it's unbelievable- but am so thankful none of you were there. Truly sorry for the loss of the sentimental items. Am amazed by your calm & strength in the face of all this - peace of turning it all over to Him? Sending hugs & as always, prayers. LeighAnn
                                Mom of 14yo son diagnosed Oct 2011
                                Surgery 1/3/12 w Dr. Geof Cronen,
                                Tampa General Hospital T3 to L1
                                Jacob's pre surg curves: T58 & L31 12/28/11
                                photos & xrays in "First-Time Surgery" thread "Before & After"

Comment

Working...
                                X