No announcement yet.

September 9th surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so glad to hear of your calm, Melissa. Long may it last and I hope that injection offers you great relief.
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• Melissa,
      I have been away from the computer for a couple of days for various reasons and was shocked when I read that your house burned down. I am so sorry that you have yet another stress-or to deal with. Thank God no one was hurt and all your things were not in the house yet. I am glad you have put all your troubles in God's hands. Amazing things happen when you do that. God will certainly carry you through this disaster and who know, maybe you will get a brand new house because of it.
      Thinking of you, praying for you and sending you some more cyber "hugs"
      Sally
      Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
      Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
      Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
      Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
      New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
      Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

• Originally posted by loves to skate View Post
        Melissa,
        I have been away from the computer for a couple of days for various reasons and was shocked when I read that your house burned down. I am so sorry that you have yet another stress-or to deal with. Thank God no one was hurt and all your things were not in the house yet. I am glad you have put all your troubles in God's hands. Amazing things happen when you do that. God will certainly carry you through this disaster and who know, maybe you will get a brand new house because of it.
        Thinking of you, praying for you and sending you some more cyber "hugs"

Sally

Thanks Sally. God is in control because I do not want to be anymore. Either we willl get a brand new home or we will get to live in a more convenient area that was too expensive for us to buy in before.
        Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• We are going to meet the insurance adjuster at the burnt down house now. I will keep you informed
          Melissa

Comment

• Well , we met with the insurance adjuster today. The next step is to have an a engineer draw up house plans. That will take about 3-4 weeks. After that, they will send it to two contractors that the insurance company works with. They will figure out how much it will cost to rebuild the house. If we agree with that, then we will have two choices . Either one of them will build the house or we can take the money and buy elsewhere. If we do not agree ,then we can get our own builder and see what his charge is.

We tried to look thru the garage. We did find some items , nothing salvageable. We found the front of the our wedding album and the firemen had found the back on Tuesday. I saw my dishes, all my baking pans, my chocolate molds, my pots and my pans, all my cookbooks are gone, including my own recipe book that I can been collecting recipes for 40 years since I started cooking; a whole box of photo albums . I am afraid that my mother's photo album of her early life is gone

We are going back on Saturday with a shovel to see if we can find any other items to put on the insurance list.

Financially, we are going to be fine.It is just sad that we lost so many memories
            Melissa

Comment

• Oh no....I didn't realise some of your stuff was in there. I'm so sorry Melissa. You sound good though.

Comment

• Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
                Oh no....I didn't realise some of your stuff was in there. I'm so sorry Melissa. You sound good though.
                I am doing ok . I just keeping thinking how much worse it could have been
                Melissa

Comment

• Oh, Melissa! I didn't know you had stuff in the garage, either! Those are the most valuable possessions a person has. I'm glad you guys weren't in there. It could have been worse. My mom's house burned to the ground a few years ago. Fortunately, all of the photo albums remained intact. However, she is a very talented painter and had painted a portrait of my deceased brother. It was hanging in the stairwell where the fire just seemed to funnel right up. That was the biggest "loss" for her. Ultimately life is the most valuable. It's just so sad that these things are not replacable. It would be different if it were couches or beds or something. I understand your sadness, but laud your fine attitude. Hopefully, you can remember some of those favorite recipes and start a new cookbook. Are there any other relatives that may have some of your wedding pictures? If not, at least you have each other. When I think of losing stuff like that (because of my mom's fire), I just try to remind myself that there is more history of mankind without photo's and albums then there is with. I'm probably not making you feel any better. My intentions are good, though. Please take care. My thoughts are with you.

((((HUGS))))
                  Rohrer01
                  Be happy!
                  We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                  but we are alive today!

Comment

• Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
                    Oh, Melissa! I didn't know you had stuff in the garage, either! Those are the most valuable possessions a person has. I'm glad you guys weren't in there. It could have been worse. My mom's house burned to the ground a few years ago. Fortunately, all of the photo albums remained intact. However, she is a very talented painter and had painted a portrait of my deceased brother. It was hanging in the stairwell where the fire just seemed to funnel right up. That was the biggest "loss" for her. Ultimately life is the most valuable. It's just so sad that these things are not replacable. It would be different if it were couches or beds or something. I understand your sadness, but laud your fine attitude. Hopefully, you can remember some of those favorite recipes and start a new cookbook. Are there any other relatives that may have some of your wedding pictures? If not, at least you have each other. When I think of losing stuff like that (because of my mom's fire), I just try to remind myself that there is more history of mankind without photo's and albums then there is with. I'm probably not making you feel any better. My intentions are good, though. Please take care. My thoughts are with you.

((((HUGS))))
                    Rohrer01
                    I know that you are trying to help me. I thank you for that. It is also so hard to try to remember what was in the garage as we do not want to cheat the insurance company but we do want to get compensated for our loss

Thanks everyone for caring
                    Melissa

Comment

• Burned down home picture

house pictures.jpg

I hope that this is a picture of what was my home.

If it is I will post others
                      Melissa

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                        [ATTACH]1265[/ATTACH]

I hope that this is a picture of what was my home.

If it is I will post others
                        I honestly don't think I've ever seen a house burned that badly. There's not a room spared. Parts of my mom's house looked like that, but "two" rooms were spared for some reason. I'm so sorry!

Have they determined a cause, yet?

As far as determining what was in the house, can you take an inventory of what you have in your current residence and/or storage units? From that you can deduce mostly what was in there. I know it's a pain. I would have the guys do it. You don't need to be going out doing physically demanding things like sorting through stuff.
                        Last edited by rohrer01; 03-16-2012, 12:37 PM.
                        Be happy!
                        We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                        but we are alive today!

Comment

• Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
                          I honestly don't think I've ever seen a house burned that badly. There's not a room spared. Parts of my mom's house looked like that, but "two" rooms were spared for some reason. I'm so sorry!

Have they determined a cause, yet?

As far as determining what was in the house, can you take an inventory of what you have in your current residence and/or storage units? From that you can deduce mostly what was in there. I know it's a pain. I would have the guys do it. You don't need to be going out doing physically demanding things like sorting through stuff.
                          They are still working on a cause. It is so hard to determine what is missing as I have not these items in almost 9 months. However, for some reason, I am remembering clearly what boxes were marked as my DH placed them in the storage unit. He is blaming himself for certain items that he chose to place in the garage. I keep telling him it was just random and he cannot blame himself.
                          I will upload more pictures later today
                          The house is totally gone and the fireman said that it burned so quickly
                          Melissa

Comment

• that pic is shocking!
                            since it burned so quickly, it is particularly good that no one was living there!!
                            i hope things get easier and you find the right home for you soon

jess

Comment

• Melissa-- I've often thought that of all the "things" that one could lose in a fire (other than lives), it's the "memory" things that would hurt the most-- the pictures, treasured recipes, all the "family" items that can't be replaced. I feel heartbroken for you. I've known people who have lost their pictures and other treasures and the one thing I can tell you is that they move on. I'm sure it will be like any loss and you will grieve over them on and off for awhile. Life is more precious and you all escaped with that. The fire looked terrible. Remember the Lord is with you. And you have the memories of those things in your head even if you don't have them in your hands anymore. Hugs, Susie
                              71 and plugging along... but having some problems
                              2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
                              5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
                              Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
                              CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
                              10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

• Just an idea regarding the lost photos. The family home of my daughter's old school friend burnt down and they lost all their photos. My daughter tracked down all their old friends from school and everyone who had photos of Lauren, copied them and my daughter created a new album with no less than 26 photos taken during Lauren's childhood/teens. So all was not lost. I wonder if your daughter could contact old friends/neighbours/school mates and request copies of any photos of your family that they might have. You might be surprised at how many they come up with.

It'd be something nice your daughter could do for you which might also help to mend bridges.

How are you feeling Melissa?

Comment

Working...
                                X