September 9th surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
    It's the 7th here. Will be thinking of you tonight. Fingers crossed this is the one that ends your pain. Go Dr. Bederman! Sending gentle cyber hugs.
    Thanks for the hugs
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• Melissa...

Hope this is the beginning of the end of your surgery journey. Please don't expect to be completely out of pain. After all the surgery you've had, there's bound to be some scar tissue issues. Hopefully, you'll get to a place where you can live with a much lower level of pain.

By the way, Irene (backissues) has been trying to post a good luck message, but for some reason, has not been allowed to do so.

We'll all be thinking of you tomorrow.

Regards,
      Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

• Thanks Linda and Irene for your good luck messages

Yes I realize that I will not be pain free but anything has to be better than this
        Melissa

Comment

• It is 3:30 am pacific time and we are leaving for the hospital
          Melissa

Comment

• I hope this is a piece of cake compared to what you have already gone through. I've been reading your posts since before you had surgery and you've been through a lot. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and hopefully no more surgery, ....EVER. :-)
            Be happy!
            We don't know what tomorrow brings,
            but we are alive today!

Comment

• Best wishes for a successful surgery, Melissa!
              Chris
              A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
              Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
              Post-op curve: 12 degrees
              Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

• Well, I have been out of the op room since Monday afternoon. Surgery went well but my right
                arm is not working at all.I cannot move it at all. Dr. B feels that it is my aggravated nerves
                that are causing this problem.
                Melissa

Comment

• I'm sorry to hear this. I have heard of nerve bruising causing a temporary loss of function. My grandson cut himself on the finger and cut through the tendon. When the surgeon did the assessment, he was almost positive that he had cut through both nerves as well, because they did not respond to stimulation. When he got in there, the nerves were in fact both intact. He said the bruising could cause that and function would eventually return. I also know of a kid that broke his back recently and had to have rods similar to what scoli people have. He couldn't move his legs at first, but the spinal chord was intact. After a couple of days he could move them and within a week he was fine and walking. I'm telling you these things to give you some hope. I really hope this is the case for you and you regain full use of your arm. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. (((hugs)))
                  Be happy!
                  We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                  but we are alive today!

Comment

• Good to hear you're out of surgery Melissa. Did Dr. B give you any indication of how long it would take for the feeling to return to your right arm?
                    Son 14 y/o diagnosed January 20th. 2011 with 110* Curve
                    Halo Traction & 1st. surgery on March 22nd. 2011
                    Spinal Fusion on April 19th. 2011

Dr. Krajbich @ Shriners Childrens Hospital, Portland Oregon

http://tinyurl.com/Elias-Before
                    http://tinyurl.com/Elias-After

Comment

• Glad you're doing fine, sorry to hear about the loss of function in your arm. I'm pretty sure it'll be a temporary thing and will get better over the next few days. I hope you don't need anymore surgeries and can finally enjoy a pain free life. Good luck in your recovery!

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                        Well, I have been out of the op room since Monday afternoon. Surgery went well but my right
                        arm is not working at all.I cannot move it at all. Dr. B feels that it is my aggravated nerves
                        that are causing this problem.
                        Good, surgery went well! That must be an odd sensation with your arm. I hope it doesn't hurt at least, and clears up soon.

Lisa

Comment

• I hope your arm improves quickly Melissa so you don't have to worry. I'm sure Dr. Bederman is right, he will have seen this before.

I have been thinking of you and look forward to getting more updates when you are able.

Jen
                          Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                          Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                          T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                          Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                          Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• so glad surgery is over ....
                            i'm sure the arm problem is a temporary glitch....
                            thanks for letting us know how you are doing...

wishing you swift healing and freedom from pain...
                            jess

Comment

• Melissa

So glad you posted. Try to take it real slow for now and give those nerves a chance to heal.

Ed
                              49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
                              Pre surgery curves T70,L70
                              ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
                              Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
                              http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
                              http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

• Thanks everyone for your good wishes. I hope I get some relief so soon
                                Melissa

Comment

Working...
                                X