No announcement yet.

September 9th surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am so scared that We might lose this case. All I did was to take care of my Dad and give him what ever it was that he needed or wanted. I was the good daughter and I am getting screwed.
    Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

• I don't know what to say Melissa. I am just so sorry that you have this added stress right now and I hope that it can be deferred, over and over, if necessary, until your health is much better. You have surgeries ahead and you need to heal from them and you shouldn't be forced to deal with this stuff until you're properly able to deal with it.
      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• Melissa: I would be glad to talk with you over the phone and maybe give you some ideas. I am the Executrix of my parent's estate and my sister is very difficult to deal with. I will send you a PM with my phone number and email. It is amazing how money and greedy relatives surface when there is a death in the family. Sorry that you are involved with this.
        Susan

****Tried to send you a PM and your box is full ;+{
        Last edited by susancook; 02-23-2013, 03:55 AM.
        Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
        2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
        2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
        2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
        2018: Removal L4,5 screw
        2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

• Originally posted by susancook View Post
          Melissa: I would be glad to talk with you over the phone and maybe give you some ideas. I am the Executrix of my parent's estate and my sister is very difficult to deal with. I will send you a PM with my phone number and email. It is amazing how money and greedy relatives surface when there is a death in the family. Sorry that you are involved with this.
          Susan

****Tried to send you a PM and your box is full ;+{
          Thanks Susan.. I have emptied my box
          Melissa

Comment

• Melissa--
            When I come to the forum anymore it's usually to check to see how you are doing. I worry about you with all that you are dealing with. There are lots of people who care about you on here. Jennifer and Susan have given some very sound advice. I hope you can find some answers. In the meantime, know that a lot of people are pulling for you and praying that things get better for you. Take care. Janet
            Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
            Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
            Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
            Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
            T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

• ...and Jess! I missed the last page before I wrote. I'm glad you are going to try some of the very good suggestions. Legal Aid is a very good idea. Years ago as a new lawyer my husband did work for them...they are often young, caring folks who want to help those who have been wronged. Janet
              Janet

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                I feel as if I could take pills and not wake up
                Melissa, this really, really concerns me. Are you feeling better emotionally? I'm really glad that you've gotten some of your physical pain under control. Emotional turmoil can add to the physical pain. I'm scared for you if this is a mindset that occurs very often. I recently had a friend who did just exactly what you stated, so I hope you can get some help. There are helplines you can call even if you don't have insurance. We have a 211 line here where I live. If you get this bad again, PLEASE promise that you will reach out and get help from someone. You really do have a LOT of people here on the forum that care about you. You can e-mail me and I will call you and talk to you if need be. PLEASE don't underestimate these kinds of feelings.

((((HUGS))))
                Be happy!
                We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                but we are alive today!

Comment

• Melissa, I sent you a PM w/ my phone number and email. Call anytime.
                  Susan
                  Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
                  2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
                  2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
                  2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
                  2018: Removal L4,5 screw
                  2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

• Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
                    Melissa, this really, really concerns me. Are you feeling better emotionally? I'm really glad that you've gotten some of your physical pain under control. Emotional turmoil can add to the physical pain. I'm scared for you if this is a mindset that occurs very often. I recently had a friend who did just exactly what you stated, so I hope you can get some help. There are helplines you can call even if you don't have insurance. We have a 211 line here where I live. If you get this bad again, PLEASE promise that you will reach out and get help from someone. You really do have a LOT of people here on the forum that care about you. You can e-mail me and I will call you and talk to you if need be. PLEASE don't underestimate these kinds of feelings.

((((HUGS))))
                    I am sorry that I got you all upset. Most of the time, i am fine. It is just that once in a while life gets overwhelming. My husband does not get along with our son so I could not leave them alone.
                    Melissa

Comment

• Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                      I am sorry that I got you all upset. Most of the time, i am fine. It is just that once in a while life gets overwhelming. My husband does not get along with our son so I could not leave them alone.
                      Even so, you need to take care of your mental health. Physical pain can drive people to do and say things that they ordinarily wouldn't do or say. Your husband needs to realize that he is responsible for his own child and when you need help you should be able to get it. If he won't accept that responsibility, it would be wise to make a trustworthy friend close by that can take your son in an emergency. A state of mind like that is an emergency. I'm glad that you at least reached out to those on the forum to get some positive feedback. Positivity can go a LONG way! AND you do NOT need to apologize to me for anything. You did nothing wrong. =)
                      Be happy!
                      We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                      but we are alive today!

Comment

• Thanks everyone. I wanted to keep you informed of what is going on in my life. My lawyer wants $17500 to continue working for us .If we do not give it to him then he is out. Then I have to find a lawyer that will work for free.

Every time, I think my life cannot get worse... it does
                        Melissa

Comment

• Well, Life is not going well. My lawyer quit . I have no money to get a new lawyer. I am in so much pain. My ulcer has not been this painful since before I was DX with it
                          Melissa

Comment

• What is the situation in the US if a person cannot afford a lawyer? Does the court appoint one? I'm pretty sure that's what happens here, the lawyer comes from Legal Aid. Usually they are fairly young and inexperienced, but often, very good. Do you have a system like that?

But I still think it needs to be postponed until you get your health back, though I have no idea if that's possible.

This anxiety is probably having a very bad effect on your pain. I wish I knew what to suggest. Sending you gentle hugs.
                            Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                            Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                            T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                            Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                            Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

• Originally posted by JenniferG View Post
                              What is the situation in the US if a person cannot afford a lawyer? Does the court appoint one? I'm pretty sure that's what happens here, the lawyer comes from Legal Aid. Usually they are fairly young and inexperienced, but often, very good. Do you have a system like that?

But I still think it needs to be postponed until you get your health back, though I have no idea if that's possible.

This anxiety is probably having a very bad effect on your pain. I wish I knew what to suggest. Sending you gentle hugs.
                              Thanks for the hugs . yes this stress is making me ache all over and my ulcer pain is very bad.
                              As far as I have found out, for a civil matter, there is no system to get a lawyer if you cannot afford one.
                              I do not know what is going to happen with either my health or the lawsuit. I take one day at a time

Melissa
                              Melissa

Comment

• Hi Melissa--
                                Of course, that's correct on the legal aid people--only for criminal cases. I wasn't thinking when I thought that sounded like such a good idea. I wish I had a bag full of good ideas but I don't. Yes, taking one day at a time is just about the best plan right now. Praying that things get better. I'll send gentle hugs too! Janet
                                Janet

Comment

Working...
                                X