Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second trip to Austin, more questions

Hello again,

Well I just made a second trip to Austin, 4 hrs. one way drive ugh. I have been researching neck fusions online and wanted to discuss the details with the surgeon. He said my C spine has only a 7 mm space- it's "tight" in there, so he feels it's best to fix my neck first without risking increased C spine pressures during or after scoli surgery.

Anyone have a posterior fusion, w/ laminectomy? C3- C7

oK I am going to go to a local neurosurgeon, just because I want a second opinion, but I am thinking- just do it. I think this Austin surgeon is being safe, he said this will not relieve my pain since he feels my pain is caused by arthritis, not compressed nerves. but it will allow the c spine more room when he is manipulating the lower spine. At least that's what I think he said. My husband went with me this time, thank God ! It was so nice to have a second pair of ears to here everything. I know this will be painful, but... if I can face this, wow. bottom line: I don't want to "let nature take its course" and let my body cripple me. thanks again for your support- listening/ reading your stories and sharing your perspective has helped more than you know! God bless ! Jamie in Corpus Christi
    57 years old.
    thoracic curve 68 degrees
    lumbar-sacral curve +/- 41 degrees
    Cspine C3- C7 fusion Nov. 2011 <done! success!!>, then scoli surgery T2- L4 or maybe to sacrum.
    Discogram/ myelogram pending. Surgery to be scheduled, maybe fall 2015. <scared but I know this is not going to get better>
    THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR SHARING EXPERIENCES AND KNOWLEDGE!

Comment

Working...
    X