No announcement yet.

Hurricane Irene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched our 6pm news and saw Irene from space. Are your windows boarded up Sally? Thinking of you and all in her path.
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

It's been a wild weather week for the east coast. First the earthquake and now the hurricane. It'll be a week to remember!

Mary Lou
      Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

Sally--
        Stay safe! Will be thinking of you and all the other East Coasters. Janet
        Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
        Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
        Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
        Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
        T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

I hope everyone stays safe!

My husband and I are native Californians, but he just spent the last 3 weeks in New York, for work then a short family visit. He was in Manhattan when the recent earthquake hit there - ho hum, no big deal. LOL Then the last few days he was in upstate New York to visit his brother/brother's wife and kids, and he just flew home today. I was a nervous wreck, watching the news way too much. But he kept telling me they were much more inland at his brother's and would all be fine. I'll stick with earthquakes!

Lisa

Comment

Let us know how you are Sally.

We seem to have made it through here in NJ, although we should still get more winds and rain this afternoon from the back side. I think we had about 10 inches of rain. We had the worst of it late last night and in the middle of the night and boy was it scary. Luckily we still have power (knock on wood) although many in my town do not. There is also a travel ban in our whole county.

Plus we had an earthquake on Tuesday. What a strange week.

My lower back feels a little weird this morning, but I thought it was becaue 12-year old daughter was squeezed in bed with us last night because she was scared.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
            Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
            Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
            Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
            Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

I hope everyone is safe. I hope Jess reports in.

I am in Raleigh. I only saw one tree down and although we didn't get that much wind or rain, our power was out about 12 hours!!! Very annoying. Worst part was one of my microswine is on meds and it warmed up a little in the fridge. I hope it is okay.

I am very grateful to be born after the discovery of electricity. :-)
              Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
              Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

I also hope Sally's okay. What an unpleasant night .. multiple tornado warnings, sheets of rain and howling winds but miraculously the power stayed on. And Debbe .. our 15-year-old daughter AND the dog slept with us...!

I notice that my back always feels terrific if I'm stressed and the adrenalin's flowing...it's a natural pain-killer. No aches or pains at all. If only I could tap into that energy when things are calm!
                Chris
                A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
                Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
                Post-op curve: 12 degrees
                Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Originally posted by Singer View Post
                  I also hope Sally's okay. What an unpleasant night .. multiple tornado warnings, sheets of rain and howling winds but miraculously the power stayed on. And Debbe .. our 15-year-old daughter AND the dog slept with us...!

I notice that my back always feels terrific if I'm stressed and the adrenalin's flowing...it's a natural pain-killer. No aches or pains at all. If only I could tap into that energy when things are calm!
                  HAHAHA! Well, our 90 lb chocolate lab was at the foot of the bed (on the floor) hogging the comforter. He wouldn't go outside to take care of business last night, and went about 10:00 AM this morning. I don't know how he held it! The poor guy was freaked out too.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
                  Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
                  Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
                  Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
                  Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
                    my microswine is on meds and it warmed up a little in the fridge.
                    Oh no! Poor little thing. I hear piggy withdrawl can be a trying time. :-)

I don’t think the fridge is the way to go. The oven would work better. A microwave would help with core temp. 1 second? Just kidding. He he

I’m sure everyone is ok, a little wet behind the ears, but ok.
                    Ed
                    49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
                    Pre surgery curves T70,L70
                    ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
                    Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
                    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
                    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Sharon, you have to share a picture of your microswine.
                      Chris
                      A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
                      Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
                      Post-op curve: 12 degrees
                      Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Ti Ed... LOL. :-)

Chris, here is a small album with some of my pigs including Poppy, the one on meds at the moment. I have lost Prince and Ruby.

http://family.webshots.com/album/557761013hAlPCp

Sharon

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
                          I hope everyone is safe. I hope Jess reports in.

I am in Raleigh. I only saw one tree down and although we didn't get that much wind or rain, our power was out about 12 hours!!! Very annoying. Worst part was one of my microswine is on meds and it warmed up a little in the fridge. I hope it is okay.

I am very grateful to be born after the discovery of electricity. :-)

Sharon, I did not know that you lived in Raleigh. Before I moved to Ca , I lived in Hickory NC. Glad to hear that you are all right except for the power being out.
                          Hope your microswine is Ok

Melissa
                          Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Originally posted by debbei View Post
                            Let us know how you are Sally.

We seem to have made it through here in NJ, although we should still get more winds and rain this afternoon from the back side. I think we had about 10 inches of rain. We had the worst of it late last night and in the middle of the night and boy was it scary. Luckily we still have power (knock on wood) although many in my town do not. There is also a travel ban in our whole county.

Plus we had an earthquake on Tuesday. What a strange week.

My lower back feels a little weird this morning, but I thought it was becaue 12-year old daughter was squeezed in bed with us last night because she was scared.
                            Where in Central NJ are you? I used to live in Bordentown before we moved

Melissa
                            Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Originally posted by mabeckoff View Post
                              Sharon, I did not know that you lived in Raleigh. Before I moved to Ca , I lived in Hickory NC. Glad to hear that you are all right except for the power being out.
                              Hope your microswine is Ok

Melissa
                              Hey Melissa,

I knew you moved west from NC but I didn't recall you mentioned where in NC.

My Poppy will be okay. And I hope you are recovering well. Hopefully this next op will be the hot ticket and you will be done with surgery.

Sharon

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

I hope you dont mind me asking but is that what you call them over there? Here we call them Guinea pigs.
                                I have 2 myself and they make the most wonderful pet :-)

Hope all is well.X
                                Fused T2-L4 with costoplasty on 3/11/10

Comment

Working...
                                X