Atlas Orthogonal treatment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlas Orthogonal treatment?

I went to my Spinecor quarterly appointment last night and the doctor told me about a new treatment called atlas orthogonal. I have done some quick research and saw videos on it -- it seems good for people (with normal spines) who have had head and neck injuries, where the top vertebra, the atlas, has been pushed out of its place, with resulting symptoms due to the misalignment. The chiropractor told me it can help my scoliosis (double major curve in the 80s). But my feeling is that, unlike a normal spine that has been injured and can be put back into alignment by this procedure, my scoliotic spine is completely messed up, and this treatment may help for a day, but my scoliosis will sooner or later pull the head back into mis-alignment, and this is just money down the drain (about $800 with x-rays and one treatment). Any thoughts on this? Thanks for any input.

As Linda says, ask for a money back guarantee.

Were it me, I would be asking for evidence. I would bet dollars to donuts that they have none, especially with patients with large double major curves.

If they are doing research to see if it is effective, make them pay YOU to try it.

Go with your instincts.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by SusanG View Post
      I went to my Spinecor quarterly appointment last night and the doctor told me about a new treatment called atlas orthogonal. I have done some quick research and saw videos on it -- it seems good for people (with normal spines) who have had head and neck injuries, where the top vertebra, the atlas, has been pushed out of its place, with resulting symptoms due to the misalignment. The chiropractor told me it can help my scoliosis (double major curve in the 80s). But my feeling is that, unlike a normal spine that has been injured and can be put back into alignment by this procedure, my scoliotic spine is completely messed up, and this treatment may help for a day, but my scoliosis will sooner or later pull the head back into mis-alignment, and this is just money down the drain (about $800 with x-rays and one treatment). Any thoughts on this? Thanks for any input.
      It seems to me that if the Spinecor treatment is working, one wouldn't need Atlas Orthogonal treatment. :-) So, did the chiropractor tell you that the Spinecor brace "could help your scoliosis"? I'd want to know how many types of treatment s/he thinks you'll have to try before you get some real results.
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Atlas orthogonal

The chiropractor is involved in both as I guess he feels both therapies can be of benefit for different or related issues. Just wanted some feedback on this particular treatment for people with scoliosis.

Comment

The chiropractor is involved in both as I guess he feels both therapies can be of benefit for different or related issues.
          Both "therapies" are certainly of benefit... to your chiropractor, not to you.

Chiropractic is not a science and it shows with every post like this.
          Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
          Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

It's the same ? http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...ighlight=atlas
            I don't know if it works with scoliosis.

Comment

Working...
            X