Pulling/tugging sensation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulling/tugging sensation

Ok, I am probably being a total hypochondriac but am going to ask. Lately, (along with my annoying screw pain), I feel like I am experiencing more of a pulling or tugging sensation across most of my back. Not painful-- it just feels like things are sort of "sucking inward" if that makes sense. I just feel tight and it's not really muscular pain. Being almost 18 months post-op, I thought I was over most of the healing sensation stuff and am a little worried that something might be going on, esp. since I am missing some hardware. I haven't fallen or done anything out of my normal routine that would have caused an acute injury. My massage therapist has explained about the "fascia" that lies between the skin and muscle but he has worked on trying to keep that loose and flexible. Although last week he said I was almost as tight as when he started seeing me post-op which was sort of odd. Anyone at my stage had similar experiences? I see my Dr. next week about the screw and will certainly discuss this too. Could the inflammation from the screw be contributing to this "tightening" feeling or are they un-related?
    Thanks!

Anne in PA
    Age 58
    Diagnosed at age 14, untreated, no problem until age 50
    T4 to sacrum fusion
    63 thoracic now 35, 92 lumbar now 53
    Dr. Baron Lonner, 2/2/10
    Am pain-free, balanced, happy & an inch taller !

Hi ADmoul,
    I just read your thread and I am curious what your Doctor said about your situation???
    Please let us know,
    Shari

Comment

Working...
    X