Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Sweet, now 9 year old daughter, is amazing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Sweet, now 9 year old daughter, is amazing!

I wanted to give an update about my sweet little girl because she's so amazing, such an inspiration.

We are in the groove of summer now, the last few busy weeks of school a blurrrrrr...
    Our school has a before school running club. Every child who runs 100 miles over the course of the school year receives a trophy and other benefits. My daughter has attained this goal since kindergarden. This school year started out ROUGH with lots of medical appointments and stress, then the brace by Thanksgiving and her blues that went along with it. Well, let me tell you all, by March we figured out that she'd need to run a mile a day to reach her goal and by that point running in her brace was no big deal. Not only did she reach 100 miles, she was the only girl in her class to do this!!! and one of only 6/ 40 girls in the 3rd grade!!! Soooo Proud of Her!!!!

We have our next follow up appt and OOB X Ray in a few weeks. I'll keep this wonderful support community posted.
    Resilience

treated w Milwaukee Brace FT for 3 yrs
    currently 46 with 35 LL and 40 RT curves

8 yr old diagnosed w Scoli 8/10 with 27 LL and 27 RT
    11/10 TLSO Full Time
    4/11 22 LL and 24 RT on waiting list for VBS at Shriners Phila
    12/11 curves still in the 20s but now has some rib cage changes from the brace
    VBS 4/25/12 with Dr. Samdani. Pre Op: 29 RT and 25 LL Post Op: 17 RT and 9 LL
    10/13: 15 RT and 10 LL

Wow that's really amazing. She sounds very sporty and fit.

It's great that people are willing to post testimonials like this to encourage other parents trying to deal with this.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

thanks!

tomorrow is her out of brace day and then she has her X Ray and doctor visit on the 7th.

I'll let you all know how it turns out.
      Resilience

treated w Milwaukee Brace FT for 3 yrs
      currently 46 with 35 LL and 40 RT curves

8 yr old diagnosed w Scoli 8/10 with 27 LL and 27 RT
      11/10 TLSO Full Time
      4/11 22 LL and 24 RT on waiting list for VBS at Shriners Phila
      12/11 curves still in the 20s but now has some rib cage changes from the brace
      VBS 4/25/12 with Dr. Samdani. Pre Op: 29 RT and 25 LL Post Op: 17 RT and 9 LL
      10/13: 15 RT and 10 LL

Comment

Working...
      X