doctor messed my life up!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doctor messed my life up!!!

I just found out about my scoliosis 4 months ago and iam 24years old and the doctor the took all the x-rays screwed my life really bad he told me to quit my job and i cant work until i get the okay from him well its been 4 months and i still cant go to work as he says and i have no income,i would like to find a new doctor that knows about scoliosis the doctor i have been seeing is a medi center doctor,so if anyone knows of a way i could find one in edmonton alberta canada could you let me know.

thanks

surgeons in canada

Well i'm not too sure where you can go in edmonton to see a surgeon, as I have never been there.

You can go here
    HTML Code:
    http://www.srs.org./locator/
    and look up orthopaedic surgeons in Canada.

I went to Dr. Stephen Tredwell at the BC Children's hospital in Vancouver, BC.

Also you can see a neurosurgeon (if that's more accessible), instead of an orthopaedic surgeon....they will both tell you exactly the same thing.

My suggestion.....get a brace or the surgery as soon as possible.\

Good luck.
    Jill

Diagnosed in 1998
    55 Degree S Curve
    Idiopathic Scoliosis surgery in 2000 in Vancouver, BC
    Performed by Dr. Stephen Tredwell

Comment

Having a brace at age 24 will obviously be of no good. Bracing is used for children and adolescents who are still growing, the only fix at this point would be surgery if the curve is really bad and surgery is much more difficult for adults than children. I would suggest finding a really good doctor.

Comment

i just noticed that you were from edmonton, so i thought that i would reply again.

i just discovered that calgary has a national spine care clinic
        HTML Code:
        http://www.nationalspinecare.com/
        here in calgary. at the moment i am on the waitlist to get in due to post-surgery issues that i am experiencing. it takes about 3 months for an appointment, and then they schedule you in with a physiotherapist and chiropractor. that team assesses your condition and you are either directed to a neurosurgeon/ortho surgeon (if needed) or to a non-surgical route.

this new clinic is supposed to eliminate the long waits that orthopaedic- and neuro-surgeons are facing. if you are willing to come down to calgary, you should get your GP to refer you to the spine clinic or you can try to contact some surgeons directly. these are the scoliosis surgeons in calgary, that i know of:

Cho, Roger
        G33 Foothills Medical Centre 1403 29 St NW, Calgary, AB, T2N 2T9
        Phone: 403-944-8157
        Fax: 403-270-8431
        Referral Method: fax/letter
        Subspecialties: spinal surgery
        Takes Referrals for: cervical, thoracic and lumbar disorders

Hu, Richard
        AC144, Special Services Building, Foothills Medical Centre 1403 29 St NW
        Calgary, AB, T2N 2T9
        Phone: 403-944-2036
        Fax: 403-270-8004
        Referral Method: fax/letter
        Subspecialties: spinal problems (x-ray's, CT, MRI useful & will expediate referral)

Salo, Paul
        Department of Surgery 3330 Hospital Dr NW, Calgary, AB, T2N 4N1
        Phone: 403-220-2159
        Fax: 403-270-0617
        Referral Method: fax/letter; patients with CT/MRI will be expedited
        Subspecialties: cervical spine, lumbar degenerative disease
        Takes Referrals for: spinal disorders of adults

according to the SRS website, Dr. Moreau is the only scoliosis surgeon listed in edmonton.

Marc J. Moreau, MD
        Dept of Surgery
        (780) 407-3317
        2D2.31 W.C. Mackenzie Centre
        8440 - 112 St
        Edmonton AB T6G 2B7
        Canada
        Adolescent, Juvenile/Infantile

good luck with the surgeon hunt.
        Jill

Diagnosed in 1998
        55 Degree S Curve
        Idiopathic Scoliosis surgery in 2000 in Vancouver, BC
        Performed by Dr. Stephen Tredwell

Comment

still no help from doctor

Well i havent been on here for a while but i figured id update everyone on my surgeon/doctor hunt i found a new doctor that i have been seeing for about 6 months now i have been on numerous amounts of antibiotic which includes tylenol 3,muscle relaxents,and many more.I finally told my doctor i didnt want to take any more antibiotics so he sent me to physical therapy and well that didnt help so i have tried everything under the sun to control pain and discomfort and nothing has worked so i talked to my doctor about more options and he told me there was nothing else i can do besides taking more prescritions so should i go and get another option again from another doctor the pain and discomfort is not bareable anymore it has gotten to the point i have spent a number of days not being able to move cause it hurts....so if anyone can suggest anything else i can do it would be a big help.

Comment

forgot to update about last x-rays

I forgot to post what my latest x-rays showed the curve is from C4-T5(not sure what the degree is doctor didnt tell me) the curve is to the left and fused discs from L1-L4 and i have osteoarthritis in my lower back and one more question just recently my left arm has been going numb is that normal?i told my doctor and he put me on vitamins for it(not sure how it would help).

Comment

doctor in edmonton

Hi amy thanks for the advice on the doctor do i need a referall or can i just phone and make an appointment? currently i have have alot of time to see doctors since iam not working(i fell down my stairs and broke my foot)I also think i might have done something more to my back because since then i have been in alot more pain then usual and the doctors i have seen said pain is normal.

thanks

Comment

Working...
              X