New bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New bed

Well, after many nights on old faithful wife and I decided it was time to get rid of that and move to a better mattress. Now, this new one is awesome, however it is more firm with a pillow top for comfort. This being said it is a great bed light years from where we were at previously, however "arghhhhh" I was sore this morning! Is that normal? I read online that it takes time to get use to a correct bed to sleep on and after a while it will get better. Is this what you have seen in your travels with sleeping on a new bed?

I am going to give this a few more weeks, then make a decision on keeping this one or moving to a new mattress that will be better for us.

Thanks!

Before and after surgery, I found a firm bed with a foam overlay is best to sleep on. You need that softness but you also need to be held firmly, level and straight. If you find you don't lose that soreness in the morning, try a foam overlay before you change mattresess - I swear by them. Most on here like the memory foam, which I haven't tried yet. Mine's the foam egg-crate style.
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Yes I agree with Jen--memory foam is the best! I have a 3" one that I ordered from Overstock.com, and I can't sleep without it. When I stay overnight elsewhere I have the hardest time getting comfie.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
      Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
      Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
      Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
      Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

We just got a new latex foam bed about two months ago and I absolutely love it. Latex is cooler than memory foam and about 1/2 to 1/3 the cost. It is a Vera Wang Serta. I wish I had had it before my surgery four years ago. It is sooo comfortable. I didn't like my memory foam topper at all.
        Sally
        Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
        Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
        Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
        Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
        New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
        Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

I bought a $2300 tempurpedic and thought I made a mistake. It took about 2 weeks for me to get used to it and now I feel it’s the best. Foam really is the way to go, and had a statement in my signature about foam till I maxed my signature out with my coronal x-ray.

My signature will not take any more characters....(smiley face)

There are many “bed” threads here....just use search.
          Ed
          49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
          Pre surgery curves T70,L70
          ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
          Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
          http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
          http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

i was looking at the vera wang serta latex bed...
            when i was very young, i had a mattress i think could have been foam rubber...the old fashioned kind...i LOVED it!
            now i have trouble even finding a foam rubber pillow!

since i was looking to buy the vera wang serta latex bed, i started reading reviews of owners of such beds...lately, there were many negative reviews of the vera wang serta latex bed...that the mattress is shot after about 7 months to a year, etc...???

has anyone had the vera wang serta latex bed for more than a year or two...if so, do you still like the bed...?

jess

Comment

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
              i was looking at the vera wang serta latex bed...
              when i was very young, i had a mattress i think could have been foam rubber...the old fashioned kind...i LOVED it!
              now i have trouble even finding a foam rubber pillow!

since i was looking to buy the vera wang serta latex bed, i started reading reviews of owners of such beds...lately, there were many negative reviews of the vera wang serta latex bed...that the mattress is shot after about 7 months to a year, etc...???

has anyone had the vera wang serta latex bed for more than a year or two...if so, do you still like the bed...?

jess
              The Vera Wang Serta latex bed comes with a 10 year warranty. It will sag just a little bit, but if it sags more than 1 1/2", it falls under the warranty. It cost just a little over $1000.00 for the bed.
              Sally
              Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
              Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
              Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
              Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
              New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
              Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Well, as time goes on I am loving the bed more and more and my back is feeling 100% better. The lumbar section was the killer for me in the morning, still a little tight and that just could be that I have something called....scoliosis. So, I figure that I am going to keep this bed it is very comfortable and we love the fact that it is two sided and made with higher quality than those single sided beds at all the other manufacturers.

Comment

Working...
                X